🏐 THIRTY THREE 🏐

It was time. The battle against Fukurodani.

Yusei stood across the net from Bokuto and Akaashi, both of their eyes on her as she spoke with Kataoka and Akagi. "We're gonna win." Bokuto growled, stomping over to the endline as the two teams were about to begin. Bowing, they met in the middle to shake hands.

"Good luck Keiji." Yusei mumbled, her eyes on his as they clamped their hands together.

"Same to you." Akaashi nodded, a slight smile on his face as he maintained eye contact with her. Soon enough, the lineups were checked and approved, allowing Nishioka to go back and serve.

"Let's cut them off right here!" Konoha yelled as he got readyto receive, the other two backrow doing so as well.

Nishioka served once the whistle was blown, and Konoha received itwith his hands. Akaashi moved so that he was under the ball, hishands going above his head. "Bokuto-san!" He called, tossing theball out to the ace who looked ready to murder it.

Yakoya and Ozaki jumped to block him as Bokuto reeled his armback. His eyes went to the block, seeing that it was blocking hisline shot. So instead of going line, he hit the ball cross, whereYusei was waiting with her tongue sticking out of her mouth inconcentration. She received it almost effortlessly, making the owlgrowl in annoyance.

"Nice receive!" Nishioka called, jump setting a quick forYakoya. Washio managed to get a hand on it, and their liberorecovered it. Akaashi quickly got ready to set again, knowing Bokutowas still very revved up. He sent it his way, allowing the aceanother shot. He went for the super sharp shot that time, but Yuseidove for it and managed to get it up.

"YES!" Kanai yelled, standing from his seat excitedly. Settingto the outside, Nishioka let Jiga handle it. The demon prince slammedit through the block, the ball landing right in front of theirlibero. The people on the bench screeched loudly as the Anagumastands started chanting the cheer.

"Keep it up." Yusei told Nishioka, handing him the ball.Nodding, the setter once again went back to serve. Fukurodani managedto get a point after Anaguma had scored four, so Washio went back toserve.

"Mine!" Akagi yelled, receiving the ball. "Nishioka, allyou!"

"Right!" The setter acknowledged, getting under the ball.Tossing a back quick, Ozaki obliterated the ball. Konoha shanked itfrom the force, making him growl in annoyance. Akaashi could see whatwas going on, they were all too pissed to play like they should havebeen. Anger was clouding their judgement, which made them sloppy. Theonly good thing about that was they were focusing on the opponent infront of them.

Akaashi gulped as Yusei rotated to the front, a smirk present onher face as her and Bokuto had a hardcore staring contest. Of course,Demon King Yusei won as Jiga did his topspin serve. Fukurodani'slibero got the serve up, but it was off a bit so Akaashi had to move.Setting quick for Onoga, Akaashi made sure to cover.

Yakoya made it into a one touch, and Jiga picked it up. Nishiokaand Yusei shared the briefest look and they both knew what was aboutto happen. Yusei started her approach, and just as she jumped,Nishioka set it. The Demon King of Anaguma slammed that ball, theblock not even touching it as it bounced so high it went into thebleachers.

"That's the demon king for you!" The announcers grinned, "Itwas recently annoucned that Yusei Udai is the fourth best ace in thecountry, I can personally say I most certainly agree with this. Whatare your thoughts?"

"Let us know in the comments!" The other commentator said,pointing at the camera. "Now, let's see what Anaguma has in storeof Fukurodani next!"

Jiga was still up to serve, so once the ref blew the whistle, hedid his jump top spin once again. Komi managed to get a good receive,allowing Akaashi to send a gorgeous set out to Bokuto. The ace scoredby blasting through the block. "HEY HEY HEYYYYY!" He yelled intriumph, his team cheering.

"Ya know, Akaashi's lips are rougher than they look."

"HAH?!??!" Bokuto whirled around to face Yusei, who lookedthoughtful.

"Oh? Sorry, I didn't mean to say that out loud." The femalesmirked, obviously lying through her teeth.

"How the fuck would you know that?" Demanded the owl, hisblood boiling with rage.

"Wouldn't you like to know?" Yusei's smug face said manythings, all of which Bokuto wanted to punch her for, "Why not askhim yourself? Keiji-kun~"

"No." Akaashi immediately shut it down, but the flush on hisface told Bokuto exactly what Yusei was talking about. Clenching histeeth, the ace growled at her, "Bastard!"

"Nah, there's nothing wrong with what I did," She said, movingjust slightly closer, "you just didn't get to him in time."

With that said, the ref blew the whistle, which allowed Fukurodanito serve. Akagi received it nicely, directing the ball towardsNishioka. The setter jumped, tossing to the right side. Ozaki hit theball, but Komi dove for it and got the ball up. Akaashi moved,jumping to set Bokuto. The ace slammed the ball, making Jiga growl ashe missed it by just a hair's length.

Fukurodani's stands went up in cheers, clapping for their team asthe ace held up his hands in victory.

"And that is how the owl's ego was inflated enough to bepopped."

"EXCUSE ME?!"

"You're excused, you may leave."

"THAT'S NOT FUNNY!"

~*~

The match ended with full sets, but in the end Anaguma reignedvictorious. "Good luck, Yusei." Akaashi told her as the two stoodoff to the side together after the match. Her teammates had left heralone at her request, allowing them some privacy.

"My teammates and I are pretty determined, so you don't have toworry about me." Yusei chuckled, then paused as Akaashi's facelooked so depressed it made her frown. Moving her hand to cup hischeek, she made him look at her. "Cheer up, beautiful." Shemumbled, then pressed her lips to his for a split second. "Here."She handed him some chapstick, "You need it."

With that said, Akaashi watched Yusei leave him to rejoin herteam, and he felt a single tear run down his cheek: this was the lasttime they were going to talk for a long time.

"Hey! Ready to go?" Akagi asked Yusei, who nodded with a grin.

"Yeah—what are you doing?"

"You looked like you needed a hug." Kataoka mumbled, his chinon her head while his arms encircled around her neck.

"Well thanks, since you offered id love a ride out to the bus."she smirked, making the male's eyebrows furrow. A moment later, Yuseiwas being paraded out of the venue by Kataoka and Yakoya, them beingthe two tallest players on the team.

"Alright your highness," Kanai gave her an annoyed look, "ifyou would be so kind as to get into the bus, it would be muchappreciated."

"Very well then." Yusei nodded, "Servants, put me down."

"As you wish, your eminence." Kataoka couldn't keep the grinoff his face as he replied, the two middle blockers lowering Yusei sothat her feet could touch the ground.

"Come now, peasants! Your king commands you to join him on hisepic quest back to the hotel!"

"Yes sir!" The Anaguma players responded, and then they allburst out laughing before their coach herded them onto the bus sothey could go back to the hotel.