🏐 NINE 🏐

"So this is who we play tomorrow?" Yusei grumbled as she tossed a nut in her mouth, chomping down on it happily

"Yes. They look to be skilled in adapting to whatever their opponent throws at them, so it should be an integral matchup to say the least. The other team is more into defense, which is a sound strategy. I think they were 7th at the spring tournament." Kentaro observed.

"Mm, cool. We can beat them." Yusei shrugged, not giving it a second thought. Her teammates looked at her in astonishment, how she could be so confident and not think for a second they would lose was incredible.

Her mental strength raises everyone else's on the team, Coach Kanai discovered as the players smiled and verbally agreed, happily chatting about how awesome the win will be.

"Bathroom, be right back." Yusei said, standing up.

"Oh, me too!" Kataoka raised his hand, standing up as well to follow.

"Buddy system U--oh, good. Don't get carried away on your phones okay?" Kentaro smirked slightly.

"That's the first joke I've heard outta you Taro-kun~" Yusei snickered as the captain flushed in annoyance.

"Get going already, don't need you soiling your pants." He grumbled, causing the girl to laugh loudly as she and Kataoka walked away from the stands.

On the way to the bathroom, Yusei saw two people she had heard of as soon as she got into boy's volleyball. Wakatoshi Ushijima, also known as Ushiwaka, and Satori Tendō, also known as the guess monster.

Her chin immediately tipped up. Until proven that they were worthy of her respect, she would look down on everyone who was a potential opponent.

"What's with that look huh?" The redhead asked, noticing immediately as they walked closer. Ushiwaka glanced at his best friend, then at the person he was talking to.

His eyes narrowed at the short player who was looking down his nose at them.

"You talking to me?" Yusei asked, her voice extremely haughty. Kataoka gulped slightly, he knew he should probably stop Yusei from making a scene but the tension was way too thick for him to cut through, plus he would never be confident enough to go against Yusei no matter what she did.

"Why yes, I don't see anyone else as cocky as you mister." Tendō smirked, crossing his arms. "Got some kind of beef with us?"

"Nah, you're not worth my time." Yusei rolled her eyes, nudging Kataoka who jumped slightly. "Come on Yasa-kun."

"Oh, y-yeah." The male nodded, his eyes watching the two players from Shiratorizawa as Yusei and him walked away.

Tendō was stunned. He hadn't expected that response, he was totally ready for the little guy to challenge them or something. He had never, not in all his volleyball years, heard someone say that to him while he was with Shiratorizawa.