🏐 FIFTEEN 🏐

(If you didn't already know, updates for Legacy are now on Tuesdays and Fridays.)

"Y-you have minions?!" Nishioka asked in shock as the three boys had shown up to practice.

"Yep. We don't have a manager, and these weirdos are cool with helping us out so meet Rikyu Arinori, Kurisu Reijiro and Matsutani Shino."

"Thank you for having us!" They bowed after Yusei had introduced them.

"Thank you for helping us out," Coach Kanai smiled, then glanced at Yusei with narrowed eyes as she spoke with Nishioka and Kataoka.

"Alright team, get warmed up and then we'll be playing six on six all day to get you ready for the intensity of the prelims." Kanai explained, so the players nodded and formed a circle for stretches as their coach and new managers headed to the office to clear it.

Because he was technically the leader of the three, Reijiro was set as the main manager. After explaining the situation and their responsibilities as managers, Kanai and the three came back with their new jackets with the label 'manager'.

"Looking sharp muh dudes." Yusei smirked, her hands on her hips. The three boys grinned back.

"Thank you my king!"

"Yusei-kun get back to practice!"

"Hai hai, don't get your panties in a twist Genichi-kun~"

"Say that again and you're going on a lap around the school."

"Fine fine, I'll shut up." Yusei snickered, then nodded to her boys before jogging back to the others.

The managers were extremely helpful during practice, but the fact that they were more focused on Yusei was very noticeable. They did their jobs though, so Kanai had no room to complain.

"Go home, Yoshi-kun walks me back." Yusei ordered, making Arinori, Reijiro and Shino groan but agree, respecting their leader's wishes as they waved goodbye.

"How's it feel being a cult leader?"

"Tiring." Yusei yawned, her hands behind her head. "Anyway, only a few more days until prelims, you think we're ready?"

"As long as we have you we'll be fine, but yes. We've all been improving, so I'll try not to rely on you as much." Nishioka joked, making Yusei snicker.

"Sounds good, you know what to do." She nodded to him, and immediately he nodded back.

"Of course."

~•~

Prelims began that weekend, and to say Anaguma crushed their opponents would be a fair statement. They showed no mercy to any of them, and the sad part was none of their opponents made it over 12.

When finals came around, Anaguma sauntered into the gym as Arinori and Shino led the Demon King chant, Ubugawa waiting on the other side of the net with determined faces.

(If anyone has an idea for what exactly the demon king chant would be, comment it here please!!)

"I see you still have your third years." Yusei observed as they warmed up. Gora nodded from the other side of the net. "Get ready to go out with a bang, we are not holding back."

"Neither are we, Udai."

Soon, the line ups were announced and it was time to start

Soon, the line ups were announced and it was time to start. Yusei yawned as they got ready to receive, but then her eyes focused as she locked in.

Ubugawa served it, and Sanada received it a bit shakily. However, he made up for it by getting the point, hitting it off the block.

"Nice shot." Yusei told him, to which he grinned and thanked her. The next point, Ubugawa got back by tipping.

"My bad!" Nishi groaned, everyone telling him to shake it off.

"You got the next one." Yusei gave him a look. Immediately knowing, Nishi nodded.

"Right."

The next serve they got up, Nishi sent it to Yusei who slammed it in the middle of the court. "And that's the demon king's first kill ladies and gentlemen!" The commentators said as the Anaguma stands went wild.

Reijiro wrote down the stats as the game progressed. He noticed that Yusei wasn't taking the lead, everyone was doing their parts.

Of course she still led the team and was the perfect decoy, making it easier for their other spikers, but he could see that they were all working together and it wasn't just Yusei.

As they came back around, it was Nishioka's serve. Doing his jump float, Ubugawa received it and went for a tip.

"I got it!" Nishi yelled, diving and getting the ball up. "Yusei!"

"Yep!" Yusei called, running over and jumping. Ubugawa thought she was going for the hit so they jumped, only for Yusei to set Eryu, who slammed it down line.

"HELL YEAH!!"

"Alright! Anaguma's new move, the tip pick up crew!" Kanai cheered, the bench joining in loudly.

"Damn, looks like that month off did nothing to Udai." Gora grumbled, his teammates agreeing.

The rest of the matches went similarly, Anaguma busting out moves for specific situations and everyone being super surprised and awed while Ubugawa kept getting more annoyed.

(Question, do you guys want more of a description of games or..?)

At the end it was 3-2 Anaguma, having played full sets. The scores were 27-25, 28-30, 25-22, 15-13.

"Kick some ass for us at nationals." Gora told Yusei as they shook hands. She smirked up at him.

"You know I will."

On the ride back, everyone was pretty much dead. Yusei was on a call with Sakusa and Komori because why the hell not, and everyone else was asleep while she was at the front talking quietly.

"Dude Fukurodani's new first year setter is pretty awesome! Him and Bokuto-san are locked tight! I don't know why but Bokuto-san seems to like idolize Akaashi!"

"Not surprising, he probably has a crush on the little setter."

"But dude who wouldn't? Kaashi's hot! Heeeyyy, Sakusa where you going?!"

"Away from you."

"Don't be like that! Didn't you wanna talk to Udai-kun too?"

"... I guess. But you haven't stopped talking since the call started."

"Oh, my bad!" Komori then shut his mouth, allowing Yusei and Sakusa to converse a bit.

"Okay, I am gonna pass out any second so I'mma let you go, see you at nationals you two."

"Yeah! Bye Udai-kun!"

"Bye. Wash your hands when you get back."

"Yahuh, laterz." She mumbled, clicking the call off before closing her eyes and sighing, relaxing completely as she swiftly went into the world of sleep.

Kanai glanced back at his team, a slight smile on his face as he returned to looking forward as the light turned green.

They had pulled off an amazing feat, managing to get to nationals with a team of first and second years against many with their third years still there.

He was extremely proud of them.