🏐 TWENTY ONE 🏐

"Hello

"Hello."

"Hey! It's nice to meet you all!"

"Yeah, nice to meet you."

"Oh I like you." Yusei smirked at the new male who was smirking back at her, making the second years raise an eyebrow.

"Who wouldn't like me?" He scoffed, and everyone sweatdropped at him while Yusei's smirk darkened.

"Your ego is dripping off your words. Might wanna keep it inside you where it belongs."

"Have a problem with my attitude?" The male raised his chin, "Bold words for someone so short." The remark made Yusei chuckle.

"I love confidence, people who are confident will go a long way. But you, kohai are not confident, you're arrogant. And I can't stand people like you."

This was the first time Yusei had said she outright despised something, of course she implied it when it came to being shy but it wasn't a direct statement like that had been, and this fact made a few on the team gasoline slightly.

"Lay off em, Yusei-kun, geez what a pain." Nishioka grumbled as he walked towards them with the other third years. "The first thing we see when we walk in is you bullying the first years, how rude. Anyway, my apologies. Care to introduce yourselves?" He asked the first years once he was standing with the second years.

"Sure! I'm Sorey Kono! But please call me Sorey, I'm excited to play with you all!" He bowed.

"I'll go next." The second male stepped forward. "My name is Mikleo Yokoi. I play left."

"Oh shoot I forgot to say my position!" Sorey gasped, "I'm a middle!"

"I'm Tadakuni Jiga, I also play left." The third male smirked, and Yusei's eyes narrowed.

"Barf."

"Yusei-kun stop it."

"Whatever." She rolled her eyes as her hands went behind her head. This surprised everyone as she casually walked up to the three first years and smirked. "Listen up you three, you had better be ready to work your asses off because at this school we don't go easy on practices. I think I can speak for most of us when I say games are our breaks."

"Yusei-kun what are you doing?! Are you trying to intimidate them?" Ozaki demanded lowly, making her slowly glance at him. The look made him freeze and back down.

"But, the reward is that we win. Everyone we face has been undergoing training, same as us. They get better, so we must do the same. If you're not up for that kind of environment, back out now."

"I think you're forgetting a little something." Nishi interrupted, stepping forward as Yusei raised an eyebrow. "This isn't just a place you get better at and work yourselves ragged. This team will become your family, almost literally. If you'll let us, that is."

"That's right." The rest of the team stepped forward, and Yusei snickered at the stars in Sorey's eyes and the eye roll at him from Mikleo.

"Sounds like fun."

~•~

"You're reffing." Nishioka said as the team started getting ready for the three on three.

"Don't want me roughing up the newbies huh? Boring~" Yusei pursed her lips as she helped set up the ref stand.

Jiga, Nishi and Kataoka verses Sorey, Mikleo and Sadow.

"Looking forward to playing with you!" Sorey grinned widely at Sadow as the two first years chatting with him.

"Just get it up there nice and high and I'll get it." Jiga told Nishi, who nodded.

"Alright then."

"Hey Yusei-kun, that new guy's been staring at you for a hot minute," Akagi mumbled to the ace, who glanced over at Jiga. He was, in fact, creepily staring at her, a raging emotion in his eyes.

"Let him stare, maybe looking at me will give him the balls to actually approach me." Yusei shrugged, not really caring since it wasn't worth her time.

Akagi exchanged a look with Ozaki. It seemed like their demon king was slowly but surely getting her attitude back. However, they weren't sure it was going to be a good or bad thing.

"Let's get this started!" Sorey cheered as the two sides got ready to go after everybody warmed up a bit.

"Hey come on Demon king, ya gonna just stand there or start this off?" Jiga asked, cocky as ever. Yusei sent him a cold look, which sent shivers down his spine but he masked it with a scoff. "Is your only retaliation a glare? How sad."

"You really don't wanna provoke him." Kataoka told him as he put a hand on his shoulder, "He's the demon king for a reason-"

"I don't see any reason other than he talks good smack." The male shrugged the hand off as Yusei climbed up to the top of the ref stand and signalled serve.

It was Mikleo's serve first, and his was a jump float. It wasn't perfect but it definitely did the job as Kataoka shanked it. "Ha! And that's why you get switched out for the libero." Jiga smirked, "but don't worry, no body gets every one of em!"

"That was really... Weird.. I don't know if I like it.." Ozaki commented and Akagi agreed silently by nodding.

"Nice serve Mikleo! Keep it up! You've got this man!"

"Thanks Sorey." The said male said, a slight smile on his face as he got the ball and went back to serve again.

This time, Kataoka got it up and Nishi sent it to Jiga. Yusei quirked an eyebrow as Jiga jumped, it looked like his vertical was pretty high. He hit the ball, only for it to slam back down on their side.

"Ah hell yeah!" Sorey cheered ecstatically as he landed. Yusei's face twisted into a slight smirk as she watched him and the other two celebrate the block he had just done.

His timing was spot on, and the fact that he wasn't over 6 feet and able to do that was pretty awesome, not to mention she hadn't met any middles that were less than 6 feet so he had surprised her.

He would definitely be an asset.

"Damn, the short middle actually got skills." Jiga chuckled. "Well, let's get that point back guys."

"Sounds good." Nishi nodded. So far, Jiga wasn't really making the best impression, but it was intriguing Nishi to see how Yusei would handle the male.

The next time Jiga hit, it blasted through the block and landed on the ten foot line. He smirked up at Yusei once he had landed.

It was so on.