🏐 FOUR 🏐

"Everyone load up." Kentaro said, so the team loaded the bus. Apparently they had a training camp going on for the weekend and then again right before nationals, but that one would be a week.

Yusei was in the back with Tajima and Nishi, listening to music while the other two slept on her shoulders. It was pretty uncomfortable, but soon enough she fell asleep also.

They didn't have much time to sleep because it only took an hour and a half to arrive at their destination. "Everybody up!" Coach Kanai called. "Lazy asses."

"Not our fault. It's the weekend and we normally sleep in. Ugh." Yusei complained. The only time she was actually irritable was when she was tired.

"Whatever you say, just hurry up." The coach rolled his eyes, exiting the bus before the team followed him, most rewaking up.

"Hey guys." A tall dark haired male said in greeting, his hands on his hips as his lips formed a cocky smirk.

"Hey Kuroo-kun, how's it going man?" Tajima asked as the two grinned at each other.

"Alls good, you?" He replied.

"Bruh we got a badass new first year." He smirked, then called Yusei over. "Udai-kun, this is Kuroo-kun."

"Hey." Yusei muttered, uninterested.

"Hmph, not very tall are you? Is he a libero or something?" Kuroo asked, which made Yusei's eyes narrow.

"Bitch please, I'm a wing spiker."

"Ha! I'll believe it when I see it." He smirked, and Yusei smirked back.

"That you will." She walked away in her signature pose, Nishi calling for her to wait up.

After putting their stuff in the classroom designated for their team, they got changed and headed to the gym. They were the third to arrive, one more school on the way.

"Udai-kuun, warm up with meeee!" Arakawa whined, making her roll her eyes.

"Fiiiiiine." She grumbled, grabbing at ball and throwing it at him. He caught it right before it hit his face. "Nice reflexes."

"Not nice throw!" Arakawa pouted at her. She just rolled her eyes again. "Keep rolling those eyes and you might find a brain-"

"Please, I have more of a brain than you ever will."

"I'm two years older than you!"

"Will you please shut up."

"Nah, thanks though Taro-kun!"

The captain gave the two an annoyed look as they started peppering, shaking his head as he began to warm up with Tajima.

As soon as all of the schools showed up, they started the practice games. "Here's the line up we're going with today." Coach Kanai held up a board with the player names on it.

"Alright

"Alright." Kentaro nodded, then turned to the team. Putting their hands in, they grinned at each other. "Anaguma, fight!"

"Fight!"

Going out onto the court, Yusei stretched her arms out as they waited for the ref to check the line ups.

After getting the go ahead, it was time to begin the first match. They were playing Nekoma first, then Fukurodani, Shinzen, and then Ubugawa.

"Alright guys, let's go all in!" Tajima cheered. Yusei smirked as she observed the opposing team. From the way they were interacting she had already found their mentally weak players.

The first point went to Nekoma, who did a setter dump. Yusei was not impressed. "Setter dump so early? Must be pretty desperate already~" She told Yakoya, who snickered as they both glanced at the setter.

He was frowning.

And he wasn't even one of the easy targets, Yusei smirked to herself as they got ready to receive again.

Nishi glanced at Yusei, then back at his front row players. They hadn't tried a back court attack with Yusei yet, but Nishi had no doubt they could pull it off.

However, he decided to hold off until later in the game.

"Got it!" Arakawa said, receiving the ball. "You go Nishi!"

"I'm under it!" He called, positioning himself. Jumping up, he set a quick for Yakoya.

Yaku got it up, grinning as he watched the ball fly to their setter.

The ball got knocked to the ground when he set it to their outside, Tajima and Yakoya having been responsible for the shut down.

"Nice one you two!" Nishi complimented, patting the middle on the back as they laughed.

"Not bad. Get five more in a row and maybe I'll be impressed." Yusei smirked at them.

"You have wayyy too high expectations, dude!" Tajima complained, "not even you are that good!"

"Wanna bet?" Yusei smirked, her chin going up in a haughty manner. Knowing that look, the male shook his head.

"I'm not risking it, you probably have something up your sleeve."

"I'll bet." Kuroo said from across the net. "If you get five blocks in a row, I'll be at your beck and call for the rest of camp."

"Bet." Yusei smirked. "I'll be at yours if I don't."

"Things are most certainly getting interesting." Arakawa muttered as he watched the exchange with Nishi, who nodded.

Being their serve, Arakawa went back to do so, a ball in hand. Doing his jump top spin, he hit it over. Yaku barely dug it, but it was an overpass.

"Its a chance ball!" Akagi yelled, receiving the ball flawlessly. Nishi got under the ball.

Deciding to slow to third tempo, Yusei stared at Nishi as she waited for him to set. She had a hand signal on her leg, not caring that the other team would see it.

Their setter smiled, sending it high. Nekoma's eyes widened as they all watched the ball peak, and Yusei met it there. And then it was over, the ball bouncing off the ground with a boom.

I am never underestimating another person based on their height again, Kuroo thought as he watched Yusei land. Never again.