🏐 TWO 🏐

After deciding who was where, Yusei and her team got ready to receive as Arakawa bouncrd the ball.

Kentaro was the one who was reffing, putting on his whistle before ascending the ref stand. After seeing everyone ready, he blew the whistoe to signal serve.

Arakawa did a jump top spin serve, and he aimed it at Yusei. He probably hadn't thought it through because she received it flawlessly, sending it right back to the setter.

"Nice receive!" Tajima called, "right side!"

"Left!"

"Go middle!"

Nishi took a moment to decide, but as soon as he saw Yusei take off he knew his choice was made.

Block? What block?

Yusei grinned as she hit it over Sadow who was blocking and it bounced right on the end line.

Kentaro looked mildly surprised while everyone else watched in awe as their new ace landed.

"HOLY SHIT UDAI-KUN WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR VERTICAL?!" Tajima demanded as she thought for a second.

"350cm last time I checked."

"Dude, that's nuts!" He looked at her wide eyed as she shrugged. "That's the highest jump in the prefecture!"

"Well that just means it'll be easier to win." Yusei said, "come on, that was only the first point."

"Man aren't chu a cool cucumber!" Tajima smacked her on the back with a laugh. "Alright then, let's keep going!"

The rest of the game went nicely, both setter's doing very well and spreading the ball around. There was only twice that someone got Yusei's spike up, and at the end all of the third years knew that Yusei was a rare talent just like her brother was. Definitely better.

"We have two months until the Interhigh preliminary matches begin, let's focus on developing our skills and fine tuning our teamwork." Kentaro told the team.

"Right!" The team echoed.

"Also, Kisekio has something for the first years." He continued, then stepped aside as a girl walked forward with a box.

"Here you go." She said, giving each of them a smile as she handed over a jacket and sweat pants. "Let me know if you need anything!"

"O-of course!" The other first years blushed, but Yusei just yawned.

"Sure thing." She said, then tried on the jacket.

"Dude! You look awesome!"

(Ignore the hat, lmao that's what she and the uniform look like)

"Thanks." Yusei smirked as she zipped the jacket up and then moved her arms to see how well it fit. Seemed good enough, she decided.

"Welcome to the team." Kentaro said, which caused a moment of silence before Yusei and Tajima burst out laughing.

"Agahha, wow mister stoic, nice one!"

"Hahahahaha thank you Taro-kun, that's so nice of you!" The two practically died on each other as the captain gave them an unamused look and everyone else just facepalmed.

The rest of the practice was just some drills with serving and receiving. Yusei changed in the bathroom afterwards, not wanting them to see her binder and question it.

Grabbing her things from the gym, she went to head home. "Heeyyyyyyy Udai-kun wait uuuup!" Tajima called as he, Nishi and Iwasaki jogged to catch up with her.

"Hey, what's up?" Yusei asked, grinning at Tajima as she allowed them to catch up.

"Wanna walk home together? Where do you live?" He asked, so she relayed her address.

"I live about two blocks away, so that's pretty awesome!" Nishi said, and Yusei nodded. "We can probably walk to school together if you want?"

"Sure." She shrugged, putting her hands behind her head as they walked.

"Why do you, uh, pose that way?" Iwasaki asked, and Yusei just smirked at him.

"Makes me look bigger and more intimidating, plus it relays the idea that I'm relaxed so it can mess with opponents' minds." She explained.

"Oh nice, never thought of that." The male chuckled, "but yeah that makes sense."

The walk home was very light and chatty as they all talked about themselves and what they liked and how they play and all of that stuff.

"Fortnite at my house after practice!" Tajima called as he and Iwasaki walked in a seperate direction, waving at the other two.

Nishi rolled his eyes with a laugh before they continued on their way. "See you tomorrow Udai-kun!" He said as she headed to the door of her house. She nodded with a wave.

"See ya~"

Entering the house, she was greeted by the sight of her mother cooking. That was never a thing, not unless...

Glancing into the living room, Yusei's eyes narrowed at the figure. Letting her bag fall to the ground, she walked into the room, her arms crossed as she made eye contact.

"Hey little sister!" Tenma smiled at her, "I like the hair, it suits you."

"Unlike yours that makes you look like a hobo." Yusei rebutted, causing her brother to purse his lips.

"Yeah I suppose I've let it grow out a bit much." He smiled, and she rolled her eyes in annoyance. Tenma never wanted to fight, he'd always agree with whatever she said unless it was a negative about his drawings.

So annoying.

"Whatever." Yusei grumbled, walking out of the living room and heading towards her room.

Tenma sighed, running a hand through his hair as he thought about the last time they had talked.

"You okay Tenma?" Their mother asked as she glanced out of the kitchen. "She loves you, you know."

"Yeah, but she doesn't like me very much." He chuckled sadly. "It kind of sucks."

"It's not your fault, she just has expectations that weren't in the cards to be met." Their mother explained. This made the former tiny giant sigh, but nod.

"Right." He said before standing up. "Need any help in there mom?"

"Oh sure!"

Meanwhile Yusei was in her room, on her phone. She had gotten all of her teammates numbers and had been added into a group chat for their team.

Of course most of the team being weirdos, they were sending memes and other stuff but it was a good distraction.

When they had dinner, it was awkward and tense. Both parents knew not to try and mediate because of what happened last time Tenma had come over. Plus it seemed that Yusei wasn't in the talking mood, which was better than her insult mode.

The night ended with Tenma heading back to his own house after thanking his parents for dinner. "See you next week!" He waved with a smile.

Yusei rolled her eyes and closed the door.