Chapter 14 || The Truth

-Nia-

"Mom, I'll be waiting out front," I said excitedly, as the cold nipped at my ears. I watched as my breath turned to frost right in front of my very eyes.

After several minutes, my mother still hadn't showed up. Near freezing, I stepped back inside the warm studio. I pulled out my phone and began scrolling through Instagram.

The orange notification bubble popped up showing I had three new comments, and I mentally groaned. I would read them later, I didn't need anything to pull me down from the top of the world.

I was elated about the show. I had a feeling I wouldn't really be a fan favorite, considering I wasn't nearly as pretty or charming as any of the other girls. But, despite that fact, I was still excited for the fame to come.

My phone buzzed with a text from my mom, saying that she was parked outside. Sliding it into my pocket, I pushed open the thick glass door as a gust of wind blew into my face, making me regret ever leaving the comfort of the warm studio.

My eyes scanned the parking lot, until I spotted my mom's mini van. Excitedly, I ran towards it and jumped in. "Mom!" I screamed, nearly breaking her ear drums. "I'm a celebrity!" My mom looked up from her phone and smiled widely. "Nia Bear, I'm so excited for you!" She pulled me into a tight hug and I squeezed back.

My mom pulled out of the ALDC parking lot and began giving me a talk about the show, and I turned up the radio slightly to tune her out. I pulled out my phone again, remembering the comments I had yet to look at. I opened Instagram, and as soon as I saw the comments a heavy feeling settled in my stomach.

You're so fugly omfg

Lol you have friends?

You're ruining my vibe beotch

How'd you get on TV lol

I didn't recognize the account who was writing them. They didn't even have the guts to identify themselves. Ha.

I blinked rapidly in attempt to stop the tears forming in my eyes. I would never understand how some people could say such mean things and not feel anything at all.

Realizing the car was stopped and in the garage, I hopped out and made my way up to my room. I tore off my coat and threw it on the floor, not bothering to put it away nearly. I pulled my ponytail holder out and threw it on the floor as well, running my fingers through my wild hair.

I kicked off my tan Uggs, watching as the snowy soles wet the carpet. I pulled off my black leggings, leaving me in nothing but my dance wear. I collapsed on my bed and sighed.

"Nia, get in the shower," my mother called from her bedroom. I ignored her as I continued to lay on my bed, motionless, and think. I let each comment sink in, the hurt penetrating through my body.

I couldn't help wonder who wrote the comments. I started to mentally make a list of people in my head. It couldn't be any of the girls, they were all too nice, and they were my friends. Nobody at school was close enough with me to write stuff like that. Suddenly, it came to me and I sat up quickly.

How'd you get on TV lol

Only the girls and I knew about the show. And only one of them would be heartless enough to write stuff like that.

Maddie was going to pay.

-song of the chapter: invisible by hunter hayes-

-

author's note: GUESS WHO'S BACK!! IVE MISSED YOU SO MUCH but while I was gone thank you for getting all the chapters to at least 200 reads each ❤️ this story is finally starting to come together and I'm exciteddddd

disclaimer: no hate against nia once again. I love nia, but for the purpose of my story it is unfortunate that she has to be the victim, that's just how I plotted the storyline.

anywho, thank you for sticking with me love you all!!

-cailee your favorite ily