Chapter 7 || Instagram

-Nia-

"Hi mom!" I yelled from the front door, throwing my backpack on the ground. I made my way into the kitchen and grabbed a cookie off a plate that was calling my name.

"Hi Nia-bear! How was your day?" my mom asked, appearing in the living room with a laundry bin. "Good," I replied nonchalantly, picking up my phone and opening up Instagram.

Instagram.

It was the most addicting app I had, but I hated it, honestly.

Why?

You suck at dancing tbh..

You don't belong with the populars

You're a fake bitch

Lol just go away pleasee

Uuuuggggggllllllyyyyyy

"Again?" I cried. The worst part about these comments was that they came from an account with no name. Sure I could block them, I already tried, but they seemed to have an endless amount of accounts and they would get me somehow.

Sighing, I closed out of the comments. I couldn't help but wonder if the other girls were getting these too. But then I thought of Kenzie's 563 followers. Paige's 817 followers. Brooke's 960 followers. Chloe's 794 followers. Maddie's 1,178 followers. And even less than a month into the school year, Kendall's 658.

And then I thought about my 215.

I knew I was the least popular of the group. I had a lot more enemies than fans because people didn't like me. I got called names. I was blamed for things I didn't do.

I was the sacrificial lamb.

I looked down at my phone screen, which had turned black. It lit up when a notification appeared that read @paigehyland1 tagged you in a photo.

Curiously, I unlocked my phone and was greeted with a picture of all the girls and I when we got into our whipped cream fight a few years ago. I remembered the day all too well.

"Girls," Abby barked, and for a second I was sure she was going to make a harsh comment about the group routine. However, to my surprise, she was holding a cream pie.

"Come here you hungries!" Abby laughed, and we all dashed over to the pie. Pulling out a knife, she began to cut it into slices. We all accepted our plates eagerly. I dug my fork into the rich dessert and lifted it up to my mouth. I savored every bite of the delicious pie.

My eating session was interrupted by an earsplitting scream. "Paige!" Chloe yelled, and I turned my head to see whipped cream everywhere. In Chloe's hair, on her dance top, on her ear, on her nose, and even on the floor.

Somehow, we managed to get whipped cream in every inch of the studio. It became a full out whipped cream fight, all of us taking handfuls of the cream off the pie and launching it at each other. Kenzie threw some at me, and I found myself giggling as the cream landed on my face.

"Girls, say cheese!" Abby announced, snapping a picture of us laughing and licking the whipped cream off of our faces.

I missed when Abby did nice things for us. But, at least we had the picture to remember it. I scrolled down and saw Paige had captioned it #tbt with my girls! get well soon kenz

Smiling, I scrolled again down to make a comment, but I wasn't the first to do so. The picture was already full of hate comments. And the account was the same one that was commenting on mine.

-song of the chapter: I lived by one republic-

-

author's note: hey guys! long time no see. I don't even really know what this chapter was, sorry, I'm hoping you guys aren't getting bored of this story yet lol

we're nearing 1k reads! my goal by this chapter was 700-750 and right now it's at about 800. does that mean I can ask for 900-1kish reads now??

NOTE: no hate against Nia. I love her as a dancer and a person and there is no reason I chose her for the hate other than for her role in the story. I promise it's nothing against her, I know it seems that Nia is the chopped liver in all my stories but I promise it is completely coincidental and it could be any girl it's nothing against her. Nia is one of my favorite dancers ❤️

hope you all had a wonderful thanksgiving!

-xo caidawg