Chapter 13 || Announcement

-Chloe-

As soon as I received the phone call from Abby, I hopped off my bed and practically tumbled down the steps. "Mom," I called out, hoping she was near.

While I waited for a response, I grabbed my coat and slipped on my worn out tan Uggs.

"What's up, Chlo?" My mom shouted back, appearing in the room with a basket of laundry balanced at her hip.

I sighed impatiently. "Abby just called me. She said it's really important, we have to go to the studio." I retorted, not even bothering to hide my demanding tone.

My mother shifted weight onto her other foot, debating whether to yell at me or give in. Finally, she set down the laundry and grabbed her car keys. "This better be important," she grumbled.

I jogged to the car, and glared at my mother for walking slowly. I waited as she made her way to the car, and several decades later she unlocked the doors and I hopped in.

The car ride was nothing but a comfortable silence, with the radio playing softly in the background and my mom humming along.

The car ride was fairly short, considering we lived pretty close, so after about five minutes the car turned into Abby Lee Dance Company. I saw Maddie get out of the car, and I wasn't surprised at Kenzie's absence. I assumed Paige wouldn't be present either.

I thanked my mom for dropping me off, and told her that I would text her when I needed to be picked up. With that, I shut the car door and caught up with Maddie, who was walking into the studio. "Hey Maddie, how's Kenzie?"

A small smile appeared on Maddie's face. "Better actually, she might get cleared tomorrow." I gave her a small hug. "That's great!" Maddie pulled open the heavy glass door to get into the studio, and I followed her in. We filed into Studio A, where Kendall and Nia where already waiting.

"Thank you for coming girls," Abby smiled. Smiled. Abby never smiles, what's going on?

Shortly after, Brooke came into the studio as well, and Abby clapped her hands together. "Great, you're all here." She paused. "Well, almost all of you. Anyways, thank you for coming girls, I have something very important to tell you and I'm sure you'll all be very excited."

She paused again, making sure we were all paying attention. When she saw we were, she continued. "Now, as you know, you are the most advanced competition team at Abby Lee Dance Company. The elites. And I am so excited to tell you all that," Abby took in a breath, "we are getting our own TV show."

I looked at Maddie, who looked back at me. I looked over to Brooke, Kendall and Nia. I think we were all in shock. Maddie was the first to scream, and we all immediately joined in on her happy squealing.

A million questions began to flood my head, and I couldn't help but stop jumping up and down and raise my hand, preparing to ask the first one that came to mind. Smiling, Abby addressed me. "Yes Chloe?"

"What's the show going to be called?" Abby's smile didn't waver as she thought. "We are not exactly sure yet, do you girls have any ideas?"

All of us searched our brain for a catchy name for the show. Many ideas were shouted out all at once.

"Keeping up with Abby Lee!"

"Dance Divas!"

"Abby's Team!"

"The Abby Lee Dance Company!"

"Pittsburgh's Best Dancers!"

"Dance to the Top!"

Abby laughed. "Woah, woah, one at a time." Kendall raised her hand. "What about Just Dance?" Abby thought it over, and we all contemplated the idea in our head. "I like it. Just Dance, going once, going twice..."

Maddie raised her hand. "Yes Maddie?" Maddie smiled. "How about Dance Moms?" Abby's face brightened. "Dance Moms, love it. Everyone for Dance Moms?" We all nodded eagerly. "Dance Moms it is! I'll call the producers later. But first, we have some more things to discuss."

We all stared at Abby intently, hoping what she was about to tell us wouldn't ruin our excitement.

"As to all good news, there is bad news. First off, Maddie, you will have to dye your hair blonde." Maddie's mouth dropped. "No thanks," she spat. Abby ignored her, and continued.

"Chloe and Maddie, I know you are my two head dancers. The producers want a rivalry going on between you two. Always fighting for the top spot." I glanced at Maddie, who glared back at me. Maddie was the kind of person who you did not want to be on the bad side of. I sighed.

"Nia, Brooke, and Paige will be the underdogs. As for Kendall, you will always be fighting to be as good as Maddie and Chloe. Kenzie will be in Maddie's shadow." We all nodded sadly, taking in this new information.

Would dance ever be the same? Probably not.

Abby wasn't finished. "We will continue doing pyramid every week, and we will have a new group dance every week as well. The costumes will be as glamorous and flashy as ever. In addition, we will travel to a new competition every week.

"Dance hours might change, and if you want to be your best, I would consider homeschooling." Beside me, Maddie gasped. I could imagine her wondering if she would still be popular in homeschool.

"Filming starts on Monday, which is tomorrow. You'd best be here. Your mothers already know about the show, as do Paige and Kenzie.

"Please keep your heads low about this new opportunity, and from this moment on none of you are secure on this team. Whatever the producers feel is best for the show will happen, even if it must include pulling team members. Thank you girls for coming today, I'm very excited for all of you. I'll see you tomorrow, you are free to go."

We all thanked Abby excitedly, for even the bad side of the show couldn't outlive the excitement we all had for it.

I found Brooke, and made conversation with her as exited the studio waited for our mothers. "Isn't this great?" She smiled widely. "Definitely, I'm so excited."

Before I could say anything else, my mom's car showed up. As I headed towards it, I felt a sharp tap on my shoulder and spun around to see Maddie glaring at me. "I will be the best dancer on this team. I'd watch out if I were you, Lukasiak." With that, she bolted away, leaving me slightly scared and confused.

Was this show for the better or the worse?

-song of the chapter: electrified by megan nicole-

-

author's note: hey guys! school tomorrow :(( here's a nice long chapter for you all! hope you like it. anyways, I'm so sorry that there are like 50 million conflicts in this story all at this same time it's just a mess lol. i don't even know what I'm doing with this story anymore. not much more to say, so bye dudes xx

-cai