Chapter 9 || Jealous

-Maddie-

I rolled my eyes as Kendall sat down at the lunch table, her cheeks tinted pink from her recent encounter with Wesley.

It angered me to see Kendall, of all people, talking to a cute guy, not me. I was going to ruin it for her somehow.

I mean, ruining people is what I did best.

Caught up in my thinking, the bell rang, signaling the end of lunch. I looked down at my untouched lunch and shrugged. I stood up quickly to catch up with Wesley, and immediately introduced myself.

"Hi, Wesley right?" I smiled, fluffing my brown ringlets. "Yeah," he smiled, looking at the ground. "I'm a friend of Kendall's, you've met her, yeah?"

He nodded, a blush creeping onto his cheeks. Smirking, I leaned in closer. "I'm really sorry to tell you this," I cried, my voice soaked with fake pity, "but Kendall already has a boyfriend."

Wesley's adorable face immediately fell, and he sheepishly muttered a small "oh." I nodded in empathy. "Yeah, he's pretty over-protective," I lied, the words spewing out of my mouth like bile. "I'd hate to see you get hurt."

"Thanks for telling me," he whispered quietly, before speeding up as if he wanted to get rid of me. "Wait!" I exclaimed. "Text me." I handed him a small piece of paper with my number scribbled on it.

Go Maddie.

It's not that I liked Wesley. Sure, he was adorable, and the accent was a bonus, but he was too quiet. He wasn't popular enough either. But I needed to get him away from Kendall.

If I didn't have a boyfriend, she wasn't aloud to either. One of the rules of being friends with me.

-

I checked my phone when I got home. Wesley didn't text me. But that was okay, because judging by the look on Kendall's face at dance that night, he didn't text her either.

For a moment, I almost felt bad. But I was Maddie Ziegler. I didn't pity anyone.

-song of the chapter: jealous by nick jonas-

-

author's note: hiii what is this shiz I'm sorry for this awful chapter, it's more like a filler but I've been SO busy I'm overwhelmed with everything right now and I have a lot of tests this week

I promise to update again before next Sunday to make it up to you! I will also probably finish this story over winter break yee

thanks for all the love guys ❤️

-special cai