Chapter 17 || Movie "Date"

-Maddie-

As soon as I walked into Pink Frog, I saw all the girls staring at me wide eyed. My calm expression slowly turned into rage.

"Uh, did you guys forget to invite me?" I spat. The girls just looked around nervously. "No," Nia blurted, "we just came...to work on...a project."

I scoffed. "What kind of project?" Nia nudged Chloe. "Uh," Chloe began, "for...environmental club." I laughed. "You guys are in environmental club?" They nodded.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I placed my manicured hands firmly on my hips. "We just joined today at school," Brooke explained.

I rolled my eyes. Whatever loser thing they were doing I didn't need to be a part of, anyways.

"Mom, let's go somewhere else." My mom reluctantly followed me out to the car and pulled out of the parking lot. "What was that all about?" She asked curiously, turning down the radio.

I rolled my eyes once again. "I don't know, and I honestly don't care." Before my mom could ask more questions, my phone buzzed in my hand.

There was a text from a random number. I opened it up, and it read, Hey Maddie. I found your number. Do you maybe want to go to the movies tonight? It's Wesley, by the way.

An evil smile took over my face. I typed back rapidly. That sounds great. Thanks. Pick me up at 7?

Wesley had chosen me over Kendall. They always choose me.

---

At 6:00, my makeup was done neatly and my hair was perfectly curled. I searched my enormous closet for the perfect outfit to wear. At 6:30, I finally decided on a solid coral dress and an accent necklace.

I applied one last coat of lipgloss and headed downstairs to wait. I pulled out my phone, and opened up Instagram.

After logging out of my account, one by one I wrote a mean comment on each of the girls' latest post.

They needed to know that nobody would ever be better than Maddie. Nobody would ever get more boys, more followers, more likes, or more dates than Maddie.

Maddie was the best. And they needed to know that.

The doorbell rang, and I hopped out of my seat, smoothing my dress out. I opened up the door to Wesley smiling shyly. "Hi," I spoke, kissing him on the cheek and pulling him in for a hug. He tensed up.

I followed him to his mom's car, and we rode to the nearby theater in comfortable silence as I fiddled with my necklace. We finally pulled up to

the theater, and I got out of the car eagerly.

"What movie are we seeing?" I asked. Wesley shrugged. "Whatever you want." I decided on The Age of Adaline, even though I didn't really care. I was here with Wesley, and Kendall wasn't.

Wesley pulled out his phone and began rapidly typing away. He slid it back into his pocket. "Sorry," he said. I smiled apologetically.

We entered the theater, and I let Wesley lead me to our seats. He chose a row near the center of the theater. As the previews began, I moved closer to him.

Suddenly, I was interrupted by a voice I knew all too well. Wesley turned to face her. "Hey Kendall!" he exclaimed. "Sit by us." She smiled shyly and took a seat next to Wesley.

I groaned. "Are you kidding? Kendall, we're kind of on a date here. Sorry, but you weren't invited." Kendall shrugged nonchalantly, and laced her hand with Wesley's. I glared at her.

"How dare you!" I screamed, ignoring the fact that the movie was starting. "Wesley chose me over you Kendall."

Kendall stood up. "No, Maddie. Wesley chose me." She then pulled him out of his seat and kissed him softly on the lips. My jaw dropped. "You little-"

"I'm sorry Maddie, you deserved it," Wesley began, talking louder than I've ever heard him. "I choose Kendall. Believe it or not, you're not first choice this time."

I stormed out of the theater, and ran straight into the bathroom where I began sobbing.

I never knew what it felt like to be second choice. Nobody puts Maddie Ziegler second.

-song of the chapter: good girls by 5 seconds of summer-

-

hey guys! omg this chapter though. I'm on my way to a water park!

have an amazing day! :)

-cai dawg