Chapter 15 || Confrontation

-Kendall-

I closed my locker, pulling out my Vera Bradley lunch box. Just as I was about to walk by myself to lunch like I had been the past couple days, I spotted the familiar shaggy blonde hair and crisp jeans.

"Wesley!" I called out, speeding up to catch up to him. I called his name again, and though I was sure he could hear me he didn't acknowledge me at all. Realizing the cafeteria was coming into view, I bolted towards him and tapped him on the shoulder.

He spun around, his face unreadable. "What do you want?" he spat. I was taken aback. This was not the Wesley I had grown to love. "You haven't been walking with me," I began softly, "I was wondering where you went."

He scoffed. "Just because I walked with you that one time doesn't mean it's going to be an everyday thing." Hurt flashed on my face, and I spat back at him, "Sorry, I just didn't really want to walk by myself everyday."

He turned to look at me, his pale eyes piercing through me. "What, you're not walking with your boyfriend?" A confused expression took over my face. "Boyfriend?"

He nodded sadly, the anger turning into hurt. "Who told you that?" Barely audible, he grumbled a low "Maddie." I was absolutely astonished and disgusted at the same time. How dare Maddie do that? That jealous little...

I turned to Wesley, looking straight into his eyes. "Look, I don't have a boyfriend." His face seemed to lift at that. "You can't trust Maddie. She lies and sabotages and will do anything to promote herself."

He nodded, taking all this information in. "I'm sorry," he whispered, looking down. "But, I still have your number. I'll text you later," he smiled, his cheeks flushing pink.

I parted with Wesley, anger taking over. Maddie thought she was so slick. Well guess what, Maddie? It was time for a wake up call.

Upon reaching the table, I was surprised to see Paige quietly eating a container of Greek yogurt. I took my usual spot next to Maddie, and focused all my attention on my lunch.

"So Kendall, how's Wesley?" She cooed, and just then I realized how much falseness was in her voice. It was practically dripping with it. Avoiding eye contact, I opened my salad container. "He's great," I spat, "He said he would text me later."

This seemed to surprise Maddie. She thought she won. She still hid the jealousy and anger in her voice, but not as well. "Oh did he? Well, just letting you know, he was telling me all about his girlfriend."

I didn't let it hurt me. I knew it was a lie. So I took my shots and fired back. "Yeah, and I have a boyfriend too, right?"

Maddie's cover faltered, and for a second I thought she was going to crack. But she didn't. "Boyfriend? Silly Kendall, you couldn't get a boyfriend if you tried."

I knew it wasn't true, either. I had Wesley, and although we weren't dating yet, it was still worth the lie. "Silly Maddie, I already did."

Maddie opened her mouth to protest, but I cut her off. I leaned in close to avoid the other girls hearing. "Look Maddie, I know what you've been doing. To me. To the girls. To everyone. And let me tell you hon, revenge is a dish best served cold."

I knew Maddie was going to lose it, but luckily, the bell rang, and I bolted out of the cafeteria.

-song of the chapter: apologize by timbaland & one republic-

-

author's note: hello everyone! I know today is not sunday, but I missed editing so much that I'm binge-updating haha. gymnastics was cancelled today so I'm gonna be writing a lot!

anyways, the chapter that I updated yesterday already has 100 reads! thank you for staying active even though I took a break, I appreciate it ❤️

THIS STORY IS ABOUT TO GET INTERESTING STAY TUNED EVERYONE

W
O
o
O
o
O
o
H
o
O
o
O

only 5 more chapters at most and I'll be starting my next story! yay!

-cai dawg (long author's note over)