Chapter 4 || Aftermath

-Paige-

All of a sudden, looking very green, Kenzie flew out of the studio.

"Kenzie!" Abby barked, infuriated. We all just looked at each other, having no idea what was going on, and almost silently, Maddie whispered, "I should have known."

"Should have known what?" I broke in curiously. Did Maddie have something to do with it?

"Today at school," Maddie mumbled, "Kenzie said she felt sick. I should have told my mom to let her stay home."

Kendall crossed over to Maddie and engulfed her in a warm hug. I had to cover my mouth to stop from laughing at her face which was coated with disgust. "It's okay, Maddie," she cooed. "It wasn't your fault."

Rule number one of being part of Maddie's clique: nobody, and I mean nobody, touches Maddie. Ever. It might wrinkle her clothes or mess up her hair or makeup.

Unless we want to watch her have a hissy fit, we don't come into physical contact with her at all.

"Thanks, Kendall," Maddie responded awkwardly, quickly pulling away from the hug. Suddenly, Kenzie's mom, Melissa, burst into the studio.

"Girls, Kenzie passed out in the bathroom and hit her head on the toilet seat. We called 911, and I need all of you to call someone to pick you up, okay?" The girls and I nodded, clearly mesmerized.

What was going to happen to Kenzie? Would she have a concussion? Would she have to quit dance? What made her so sick?

I softly slapped my arm to stop myself from thinking. Kenzie's going to be okay, I told myself.

"Paige," a voice broke me out of my trance. "Mom's here," Brooke informed me.

I silently went into the den, careful to avoid the action. I slipped on my pink North Face and Uggs and followed Brooke out to my mom's car, past the flashing sirens and cries.

I hopped into the back seat of the car. "Hi Paigey, hi Brookie," my mom soothed. "It's okay, Kenzie's going to be okay, Melissa will keep us updated."

My head was spinning, I was so dizzy. And at one point, I must have fallen asleep to the hushed talking and the radio playing softly, because soon Brooke was shaking me awake.

I hopped out of the car, and dashed upstairs to my room. I took off my jacket, and stood in front of the mirror that took up the span of my wall.

I frowned. I pinched at my sides. I studied how fat I was. I pushed in my stomach. I was definitely not skinny, and I knew exactly how to change that.
It would be hard, but it was what I wanted, wasn't it?
-
author's note: aye dogs I'm jamming out to 5sos yayayay!!!! anyways, here goes the usual:
sorryfornotupdatingihavebeensuperbusyiwilltrytoupdatemoreoften

yeah I had 4 tests this week and I've been going to gymnastics and editing on photoshop and having a lot of panic attacks lately so not much free time sorry lol

thank you for reading! now three of my stories are at least at 1k reads I'm so happy 😃

this story is gonna get a lot better and I'm excited to write it now so I promise I will update weekly!!! thanks for putting up with me!!1!!

-caidawg
(PS, I'm going to name a song every chapter that describes it like this:
song of this chapter: try by colbie caillat)