Chapter Twenty-One

Chapter 21.

It's been weeks since I've moved here. And the kids love Chase. I still get worried about them getting too attached to Chase, because when we do leave, I know it'll be too hard on them. I feel like the worst Mother.

I know for a fact that Chase doesn't ever want to leave them. In fact, he spends all of his time with them when he doesn't have to tend to pack business. He loves them so much and he sees them for more than fifteen hours most days. And I can't say that the kids like him any less. They adore Chase, and think of him as their idol.

Sometimes when I'm away for a photo-shoot- yes, unfortunately I still have to go to those sometimes- I would leave the children with Chase without hesitation. Everyday, I watched as they grew more closer to him, and I couldn't help but think how much everyone is going to get hurt when we leave.

Chase has been sweeter than ever. Everyday, he brings me roses and a card, which says how sorry he is. I won't forgive him though, because he hurt me too much, and although I appreciate that he is doing everything to make it better, it doesn't take away the pain.

I haven't seen Ryan or Rebecca since I came here, but I guess that my fault since I've always been at Mom's, at a photo-shoot or Chase would be over.

But from what I heard from Mom, they're still not happy together. I wish they'd just be together like they were before, because even though Ryan had also hurt me, he was still my brother, and I did love him. And nobody deserved to not be with their mates, knowing where they were, because I had experienced it and I wouldn't even wish that on my enemy.

I was surprised Chase wasn't here yet today. He was always here before eleven o'clock in the morning, and sure enough the twins were missing him already.

"Momma, why's Daddy not here?" Charis stomped her feet on the ground and pouted, making me smile slightly. She just looked too cute.

"He'll probably be here soon, honey," I said, brushing her long, soft hair.

"Momma, Daddy's not here yet!" Kaden stated as he entered my bedroom and plopped himself on my bed.

"He'll be here soon guys. He did text last night to say that he would be coming to pick us up, so he'll be here." Hopefully, I added in my mind.

Late last night, I received a text from Chase, informing me that he would pick me up at around eleven, though he didn't tell me where we were going, and only that it would be a surprise.

After helping Charis into a pair of shorts and a cute top, I got dressed into a turquoise summer dress, which had a brown belt in the around the waist. It was quite short, only reaching up to my mid-thighs but I guess it looked cute. My hair was down in its natural waves, though I done a fringe-braid at the front.

Just as I was slipping on a pair of white platform wedge heels, the doorbell rang, startling me which nearly caused me to fall on my butt. I sighed, fastening my shoes before opening the door, only to reveal Chase, looking as hot as usual. Actually that would be an understatement. That man was way more than just hot.

"Hey," I said, opening the door wider so that he can walk in.

"Hey, you look beautiful, way more than beautiful. Breathtakingly beautiful," he groaned as he handed me a single white rose. I loved white roses.

"Thanks," I muttered. "The twins were getting impatient waiting for you."

"I know, sorry, I got caught up in a business meeting," he said, with honesty gleaming in his eyes.

"It's not me you should be saying sorry to," I mumbled, before leaving him to go check on the twins in their bedroom, well Kaden's bedroom, which Charis sleeps in all the time.