Epilogue (Extra)

My Mate’s Babies
E P I L O G U E | Meeting The Mate

     Looking at my reflection in the mirror, I smoothed out my dark purple dress, which fell just above my knees. I slipped on a pair of black pumps, before pushing in a pair of pearl earrings.

          “You look stunning, baby,” his smooth voice groaned as he wrapped his arms around my waist. The familiar electricity began flying between the both of us as I sunk back into his muscular arms.

          Turning around, I wrapped my arms around Chase’s neck. “Hmm, thank you and you don’t look too bad yourself.”

          It was true: he did look handsome, even after so many years of being together. His hair dark hair was styled to perfection and his face was flawless, free of any lines. He still looked the same as he did before, I suppose that was one of the advantages of being a werewolf. And his outfit did nothing but accentuate his muscular built. His crisp white shirt was tight over his arms and chest and his dark grey trousers hugged his legs perfectly. He looked delicious to say the least.

          Then he did the most unexpected thing; he threw his head back and let out a roar of hearty-laughter, which sent my heart racing. He made me feel like a teenager nearly every day.

          “Come on, we have to go now. Charis is probably here already,” I told him, trying to act stern.

          “Can we not stay up here for a little bit? I’m really not looking forward to meeting that boy and did I mention how beautiful you look right now.”

          “Chase! This was going to happen sooner or later and there’s no point delaying it. I swear, if you don’t go don’t this minute, I’m cancelling our trip to Hawaii and you won’t get any desert after dinner.”

          “Fine!” he pouted, even though his beautiful eyes were twinkling. “Let’s go but if I don’t like him, I tell him straight.”

          “No, you’ll be polite at all times Chase, otherwise I promise you, you’ll sleep on the couch tonight.”

          “But she’s still a little kid, Soph!” he exclaimed.

          “Honey, come here, sit down,” I said, holding his hand and leading him to our bed. Once he sat down, I sat down on his lap. He wrapped his arms tightly around my waist, his body heat seeping through my dress. I brushed my lips briefly against his before gently holding his stubble-covered cheek. In my opinion, the stubble made him look even sexier.

           “I know it’s hard to let Charis go, she’s our baby and especially your princess but you have to understand, she is nearly twenty and her mate loves her and she loves her mate. You know what I told you, the closer you pull them to you, the further they’ll go. Besides, she’s not going to stop being our daughter just because she found her mate. She’s always going to be our baby. Now, she’s happy so let’s be happy for her.”

          “It’s just so hard. She’s our only daughter and my princess. It’s hard to let her go. I love her so much.”

          “She knows that and she loves you too, even though you and Kaden were, and still are, over-protective of her.”

          He blinked his tears away, his eyes still glistening. “You’re right. She’ll still be our baby and she won’t stop loving us even after she has her own family.”