Chapter Twenty-Eight. (Part 1)

Chapter 28. (Part 1)
[ Chase's P.O.V ]

Driving back to Sophia's cabin, I couldn't help but grin, even though there was an underlying feeling of anxiousness there. She was finally moving in with me- after a lot of arguing- in fact, she was currently back at my- our- house, taking sorting out her things. I was going back to her old house to get some of the remaining boxes. Ryan and Becca were babysitting the twins while Sophia and I got the house ready.

Finally everything was going perfect.

I didn't want Sophia outside of the pack's territory, which was why I was currently outside her house. Ever since Nicole's threat, I've been extremely possessive and I know that Sophia hates it but I couldn't control it. She, and the twins, were the most precious things to me. Without them, I knew I would die. I wouldn't be able to live without them. I loved them more than anything in this world, and I would show how much they meant to me every single day for as long as I live.

I know Sophia wasn't going to agree with every decision I made and be all lovey-dovey with me, but now I knew I had a better chance of winning her over and make her my wife. Yes. . .I had bought her a ring-the ring- but I was just waiting for her to completely trust me and openly love me before I could propose. I already loved her more than anything in this world, I just wish that she would admit it to me as well, but at least it was better than her completely shutting me out. We were growing a lot closer, as well as our bond, something which I would cherished for the rest of my life.

As I was about to park the car, I felt a wave of panic run through me. My wolf became anxious- pacing around. There was something wrong: he could feel it and I could feel it too. My emotions were becoming overwhelming as the feeling of panic became stronger. My mind was going on overdrive, thinking of the different predicaments.

'Jason, Kyle, Greg, is there any sign of danger?' I mind-linked the guards who were patrolling my territory right now.

'No, Alpha,' They all replied simultaneously. I thought that that would relieve me of the worry, however, I could still feel my heart racing and a feeling of my stomach churning. My breaths were becoming shorter while my guts screamed 'danger' to me. 

A whimper pulled me from my reverie. Sophia.

Without another moment of thinking, I burst into my wolf, anger running through my veins, wanting to hurt the person who'd hurt my mate. Sprinting through the forest near Sophia's house, I pushed my legs faster, trying to get to our house as quickly as I could.

Within miles of the house, I could smell the rancid odour, which nearly choked me. It was the fact that there were several unfamiliar and grotesque scents that angered me further, causing me to push my legs even harder. 

Rogues.

My wolf was growing thirsty for their blood. He wanted to kill them in the most cruel and painful way for scaring my mate. He wanted to hear every single one of them scream, begging him to not kill them. He wanted their blood. . .and that was what he was going to get.

The green blurred because of the speed I was running at, and I was sure that I could beat even the top sport cars. The sound of the chirping birds flying away barely reached my ears as I continued running. I could hear the sound insects scuttling away from my huge wolf form, knowing that I was a danger. I was sure that the anger I was feeling could be felt rolling in waves.

My vision was red. All I could see was red. All I wanted to see was red.

I could feel a huge shock through the mate bond, which Sophia and I shared, urging me to go faster. It was a lot more stronger now, therefore her emotions, thoughts and feelings were a lot more prominent to me. Her shock and panic were increasing, alerting me of even more danger.

All I could think was that I had to get to her fast. I don't care if it killed me, but I would make sure that she was safe at no cost.

Once I reached my house, which was in the middle of nowhere and surrounded by trees. I immediately stopped in my tracks when I saw the rogues, who all growled menacingly at my beautiful mate, facing her. She seemed frozen; shell-shocked. They bared their gleaming white razor teeth at her while she took deep breaths trying to calm herself down, with her face pale white and her eyes wide with fear.

The sight of those filthy rogues harming my mate enraged me even further, if that was even possible, that I thought I would soon turn in Hulk. I was furious and I could feel the adrenaline coursing through my veins, urging me to go and kill them off one by one. It's one thing when you threaten me, but when you even look at my mate wrongly, then you have just signed your own death warrant.

With a loud growl, I gained all their attention but one, who's eyes seemed to be studying my mate lustfully. He was large, yet nowhere large enough near me. He, by far, seemed to be the largest wolf there, and the leader. This left me astounded since rogues were lone wolves and didn't like to be lead. I watched as he shook his head, before he was about to jump on her.

No, that's not happening on my watch, I thought bitterly, before jumping onto the wolf mid air and pushing him as far away from my mate as possible. He would die before he could touch my angel like mate with his filthy paws. How dare he even attempt to hurt her?

He landed on his side, while I landed on top of him. Before he could even make another move, I gripped his neck with my strong jaw before swiftly ripping it off. His body landed on one side while his head on the opposite with blood flowing from him. I spat his blood out from my mouth, the disgusting metal taste making me feel sick.

Sprinting back to Sophia, I stood in front of her, baring my bloody canines at them, showing them that I wasn't scared. I knew there was little chance that I would make it out alive, fighting by myself since there was at least twenty wolves here, however, my Alpha genes didn't allow me to submit to them. They all snarled at me viciously, also showing their canines as well, however, I stood up taller, my wolf letting out a loud growl, which was even too loud for my ears.

'Ryan, it's pack emergency. Red code. Rogues have me and Sophia surrounded outside my house. About twenty five, more coming in,' I growled to Ryan.

'Red code?' he growled in disbelief. 'I'm gathering pack warriors, we'll be there in two minutes maximum.'

Even though he didn't act like it, I could tell that he was worried and scared. But there was determination there as well, and not to mention the fury. His blood was boiling. But he was trying to control himself and his wolf, who wanted nothing but to hurt these rogues. However, he was smart enough to be able to calm himself down slightly, knowing that if he came here with guns blazing, he probably wouldn't survive. That didn't mean that he was any less angry though.

'Ryan, what's your position, I don't think I will be able to hold the fight up for too long. They seem impatient,' I said through the mind-link.

'We're a minute away. Those most vulnerable are safely in the pack house in the safe room. The twins are with Becca in the safe room too and the warriors are with me,' he explained.

Meanwhile, I stared at the rogue, who had the audacity to slow walk closer to myself. I looked straight into his eyes, a direct challenge, and that's when I saw it, the fear. He was a lot smaller than myself, and my weight could easily crush him. Muddy brown fur coated his skin while his bright yellow eyes gleamed with fear and worry. He knew that he wouldn't survive today.

Studying me up and down, he looked deeply into my eyes as well, trying to appear brave, and stood up straighter. I was ready to fight, just dying to dig my hands into his coat of fur. Suddenly, he let out a screeching howl. That was it, he had just declared war.

Just then, my own pack warriors flooded in. Both opposites sprinted towards each other,

. . .Ready to kill or to be killed.

* * *

Hola!

This is part one of Chapter 28. It was originally going to be only long chapter, but I might not finish the second chapter by tonight and I didn't want to leave you guys waiting. . .so here it is!

Hope you like it,
Love you guys,
WildChilddd♥