Chapter Twenty-Four

Chapter 24.

Tears.

I hated these things; yet right now, they seemed to never stop pouring out of my eyes as Ryan held me tightly against him chest. My head was aching for crying for his long and my whole face felt wet.

But that wouldn't explain the horrible, gut-wrenching feeling I had in my stomach while my heart was aching more than anything. I could tell Ryan was feeling the same way as well because I felt warm teardrops slide down from her face and onto my forehead.

I didn't care right now that I looked like a mess. I was sure my make-up was painted all over my face messily like a toddler's portrait while my clothes and hair was completely dishevelled. But once again, I couldn't seem to care.

You may be wondering right now why I'm crying so much and why I'm in this much pain? Well this is what happened mere hours ago . . .

"What's wrong Mom? I came here as soon as I could!" I panted as I entered the room, holding hands with the twins. Dad took the twins and felt the room with a heart-broken look on his face. He seemed quiet and he barely even greeted me when he opened the door to let me in.

She looked paler than normal if that was even possible and I could see that glow on her face fading. The brightness of her skin now held a blue tinge.

"W-wait till R-Ryan gets h-here, I want to t-talk to y-you b-both together," she whispered, her voice fading at the end. Her voice was croaky and she could barely speak. I had noticed that she was getting worse over the weeks, but now, she seemed to be even worse.She had never been as bad as this.

Recently, she had even had to get an IV machine as well as other machines hooked on to her and currently reading her heartbeat it was a lot lower that what it should've been for someone like her. I was worried about her. . . very worried.

As we waited for Ryan, I told her about my date with Chase, which happened about two days ago, and everything else. I told her about my confused emotions and feelings about him while she would just smile at me in a knowing way.

When I finally ended, she simply whispered a short answer of three words, "Follow your heart."

Just as I was about to say something, the door flew open and in ran in Ryan, looking like a mad person searching the room frantically.

"What happened?! I could here as soon as I could, but Chase and I were away on pack business over the next town," he rambled. After he calmed down, he then seemed to notice me, "Sophia?"

"Well obviously," I couldn't help myself from nearly snapping. It was then I could my time to finally study his appearance. To put it simply, he looked like a mess. He looked scruffy and like a hobo basically.

His hair was longer and slightly greasy and he looked like he was growing a beard with the thick dark hair growing on his cheeks and chin. His clothes were messy and crumpled, and he seemed to have lost weight judging by the hollowness of his cheeks.

"Mom, why did you call me here?" he asked properly now.

Tears filled Mom's eyes, and she bit her lip hard from sobbing. "I-I know . . .I know it's my time to go now, I just know it-"

"No Mom! Don't say that!" Ryan said.

"No Ry, let me finish. I know I haven't been the best Mom around, but there's one thing that I wish for before I die . . .and please just let me finish. I-I want you Soph to forgive Ryan, and I-I know t-there's a lot we've done wrong by you, b-but please forgive him," a tear slipped out of her eyes as she finished, while my cascaded down my cheeks like a waterfall.