Chapter Twenty-Five

Chapter 25. 

[ Ryan's P.O.V ]

I was sitting in my bedroom in the dark, doing nothing but crying as memories of my Mom flashed through my head, making even more tears slip out my eyes. I knew wallowing in self-pity wouldn't do much, however it was all I could do. At least I was man enough to admit that I was crying over my mother.

It had been a month since she. . .and since then Sophia had been visiting me everyday to see how I was coping. Behind her brave face and fake smiles, I could see her pain, but she had to pull herself together since she had twins to look after. Chase had been there with her every step of the way and I was very surprised when she finally admitted that they were mates and the twins were his. So I wasn't delusional when I thought that they- especially Kayden- resembled him.

Yeah, Chase didn't go home looking as healthy as he did when he came here. He was sporting a broken nose and a black eye when he was leaving. I knew I could potentially get kicked out of the pack, Beta or not, but Chase knew he deserved a good beating from me anyways, so he didn't even attempt to fight back and only accepted the two punches. Unfortunately, I had only managed to land two punches before Sophia threatened to castrate me if I didn't stop. I assumed he was in her good books now since she protected him and Chase not fighting back proved that he was sorry and regretful and that he truly did love her. I was happy for her as long as she remained happy. I swear to God if Chase hurt my little sister at all though, I would personally beat the living shit out of him, Alpha or not.

Meanwhile I missed my mate, Becca, my beautiful mate and the love of my life. She still hadn't come to see me since Mom's funeral, which she had attended. She looked weak with her pale skin- which was missing its glow- and the dark circle beneath her eyes, which showed her lack of sleep. She looked a lot skinner as well, which showed that she hadn't been eating properly. It had been painful without her and I knew she was feeling the same way judging by her appearance. That wasn't unexpected though since mates couples can't stay away for too long without feeling pain- both physical and emotional pain. It was evident that she was suffering as much as I was.

At night, I would find myself tossing around in the bed, not being able to sleep. During the day, I would think about her beautiful eyes or all the happy moment I'd ever had with her while Chase discussed issues about the rogues.

Rogues.

They were another problem to add my already very long list. They had been a problem for several weeks, which was why Chase and I had to attend a very important meeting a month ago when Mom had called me, demanding that I came home immediately. It's hard to think at it: a month ago Mom was with us and now, she isn't.

The pack don't know about the rogues since they were last sighted heading the opposite direction to us and we didn't want the pack to be scared over futile things, however we still couldn't take any risks when it comes to the pack. I swore an oath to keep the pack safe- even if this meant losing my life- and I wasn't to break that oath anytime soon. Because then, the risk of losing Becca would be too high and I would never put her life at stake, ever.

She is my world, and has been since I first laid eyes on her in a nightclub, where she looked extremely uncomfortable while I was getting drunk because I was still blaming myself for Sophia running away. I guessed that she wasn't a party person at all, and at a later date she did reveal to me that she was forced to go to the club because it was her elder sister's birthday, who was the complete opposite to her, being a party animal and kindly putting it, a slut. But Becca did have a fiesty side to her that turned me on all the time.