Chapter Four.

Chapter 4.

Once I'd finished my shower, I wrapped myself around with a soft, white towel, which was already in the bathroom. I stepped out of the bathroom, feeling as fresh and light as ever.

I found an outfit, which consisted of a pair of shorts and a plain white t-shirt. Underneath the clothes, I found a new pair of underwear, which I was glad for. The shorts were way too big as well as the t-shirt, but I could work with it.

I quickly got dressed and brushed my teeth with the spare toothbrush I found in the bathroom cabinet. I combed out the knots of my long pink hair- the result of a prank- with a comb that I found.

My natural hair colour was a dark brown with natural lighter brown highlights and reached my waist. It was one of the only things that I actutally like about myself, apart from my light blue eyes, which were the same colour as the sky, which was why my middle name was Sky.

I remember how beautiful my hair used to be until they . . .

Nicole whispered to her group of friends to be quite as they tip-toed into Sophia's bedroom. The party had been on for two hours now and the house was fully packed, which meant that nobody would really miss their presence for the two minutes they would be gone.

Ryan was hosting a party as usual, which Sophia wasn't allowed to attend- nothing unusual. Ryan had invited over most people from his school, excluding the 'nerds'. The party was on full-blast and the others were dancing around wildly, drinking or making out somewhere.

Sophia wasn't allowed to go as she was the only person who'd passed her shifting age by so much. Sometimes a wolf would be a couple of days later, but not months and months.

But her pack mates knew that being able not to shift after her age was just an excuse to punish her. Because before Chase was Alpha, his dad always praised Sophia for everything. She was good at anything she did, and Alpha showed that off to people.

-

Opening Sophia's door slightly, Nicole peeked through and saw that Sophia was sleeping in her tiny room, which could only fit in a single bed and a small chest of  drawers.

She was sleeping, snoring softly in her sleep. She looked peaceful, as she always did when she first started sleeping, only later on to be haunted by nightmares.

She looked like an angel. But like a haunted angel, though there still was that innocence about her and seemed to intrigue some.

Ashleigh, another one of Nicole's followers handed her a bottle filled with hairdye. Nicole tip-toed across the sqeaky floorboard, making sure not a make a noise and pulled on her gloves. She squirted some dye onto her hands and rubbed in Sophia's hair while trying not to giggle.

Finally, she finshed spreading the pink permanant dye on her hair and drew a black moustache on her upper lip. She bit her lip hard, trying not to laugh as she snapped photos of her. The bright flashes seemed to have woken Sophia up because she tried to open her eyes.

Quickly, Nicole ran out of the room before Sophia could see her even though she knew that Sophia would have a pretty good idea on who did that in the morning.

Sophia, however, did not wake up. Even though she felt a cool substance on her scalp, she thought nothing of it and went straight to bed before she started having nightmares again.

Finally, in the morning when she woke up to find her hair in that state, she bursted into tears. She loved her long, beautiful hair so much and she couldn't believe what had happened to her. She tried her hardest to wash it off, but it turned out to be permanant dye. The next morning, people laughed and teased her about her hair.