Chapter Twenty-Seven.

Chapter 27.

"Nicole, what are you doing here?" Ryan snarled, giving her a glare. Only if looks can kill.

"I'm here to see my mate," she smiled sweetly, though I didn't miss the glint of danger in her eyes.

"I AM NOT YOUR MATE!" bellowed Chase, standing up abruptly. The other people in the restaurant turned around to see what was going on. Thankfully, there weren't many humans in this town at all and I was sure there weren't any humans in this restaurant currently.

"Yes, you are baby," Nicole cooed, walking over to Chase and trying to touch him, which made my wolf growl possessively. "You don't need to deny it because your bitch is here!"

Clutching me to his chest, Chase let out a thunderous growl. I could tell that his wolf was begging him to kill Nicole for calling me a bitch, but she was pregnant, and that innocent child would die along with her as well.

"DON'T YOU DARE CALL MY MATE A BITCH!" he said slowly, giving off a very dangerous vibe. He would flip shit if Nicole said anything else, and I was scared her baby would get hurt.

"Nicole, I think it's better if you leave now before Chase hurts you," I said calmly and slowly, trying to make her understand. Noting that Chase's eyes were flicking between his blue eyes to silver, I could tell that his wolf was fighting for control.

"You just want my mate, don't you? How low can you stoop? Just because he didn't want you, you fucked some other man and tried to tell him that he's the father so that you could get back with him? You're a disgusting whore!" Nicole shouted, with a crazed look in her eyes.

Now she was taking it too far. "Chase, calm down," I whispered, placing a small kiss at the base of this neck, trying to calm him down when I noticed the fur sprouting from his arms.

He closed his eyes tightly, clenching his fist and taking in deep breath and across me, I noticed that Becca had a panicked look in her eyes, trying to calm Ryan down as well, who was red in anger. There were hints of anger in Becca's eyes as well, but mostly panicked as she didn't want Ryan to burst out into his wolf and kill Nicole.

Through clenched teeth, Chase said loud and clearly, "Leave now Nicole and never step foot in my territory. You are trespassing and I would've killed if the moment you step foot in here if it weren't for your child."

"Baby, what spell has this bitch put you under? You know you don't mean that! You love me. Remember all the good times we have. You know you miss me. It's just because of this fucking witch is here, that's why were won't say what you truly mean."

"Nicole, you are seriously testing my patience now. I won't say this again: leave," Chase said in a cold voice, clenching this fists tightly.

"But baby-" Before she could say anything else, the door flew open and two huge and bulky men came in. Each one one grabbed an arm as Nicole shouted, screamed and to no avail, tried hit them. Chase must have mind-linked them and I was guessing they were part of the pack. The two men carried her out of the restaurant while she tried everything to get out of their hold.

"You're going to regret this bitch! I'll be laughing when you're on the floor dead with your kids next to you! I'll have Chase. . .just you watch," she threatened, her eyes turning darker as she grew angrier. "I'll kill you and your bastards as well. Mark my words."

Now that made my stomach churn as my hands grew clammy. I was scared. Scared because of my children's lives. Scared because Nicole's words were still playing through my head. Scared because I heard the truth in her words. This wasn't just a harmless threat.

Holding me tightly, Chase kissed my head. "I won't let anything happen to you or the twins Sophia. I promise you even if this means that I have to die."

With wide, dazed eyes, I dropped to my seat, feeling my heart racing. So many scary thoughts ran through my head. What if she got hold of them? What if she hurt the twins? What if she ki-

"You're moving in with me Sophia, with the twins, on the pack grounds. I don't care if you're not part of the pack yet, you're staying with me," Chase growled, holding onto me with one of his hand while the other one was wrapped around both of the twins, leaving no room for discussion at all. Because of this threat, I knew his wolf would be super protective and even more possessive now.

But I didn't argue. Why? Because I knew he would be able to protect me and the twins. I just have to pray a situation won't arise where he will have to protect me.

Still Nicole's words echoed through my head. "I'll kill you and your bastards as well. Mark my words."

_

"You are moving in with me!" Chase demanded. He can't just order me to get up and leave my home! Who does he think he was?

"No! I'm staying in my own house and you're staying in your own house," I said, enunciating every word as if he was having trouble understanding my point, which he was.

"I'm not having you or the twins being at danger, Sophia. I'm not taking even the slightest of risks," Chase stated, with a serious face and pleading eyes, which begged me to say yes already. Perhaps that was because we had been having this discussion for more than thirty minutes now.

"It's just Nicole, Chase. What is she going to do? Dye my hair bright blue and attack me with an overload of foundation. . .please," I scoffed, trying to convince Chase, and myself. I couldn't help but shudder as her words from earlier replayed in my mind. It held so much determination. . .so much hatred.

"We both know that you really don't think that Sophia. You're scared about our children just as much as I am, and you know that. Just please, please, just agree to move in with me. I'll give you your personal space and once I'm sure that Nicole is no threat, I'll take you back here, I promise." I sighed, rubbing my head as he begged me to move in with him.

"Fine."

* * * *

Heyy,

Short, so sorry about that. But the next chapter, which I will try to update later, will be the final one and probably quite short as well.

Not edited.

Love you guys,
WildChilddd♥