Chapter Eighteen.

Chapter 18.

"So-Sophia? Is t-that r-really y-you?" mom stuttered in a very soft voice.

"I'm here mom. I'm here for you now," I cried onto her shoulders.

She raised her hand and patted my head, which was resting on her shoulder. Lifting my head up, I truly took a good look at her. She looked nothing like she did before. She looked completely different and I knew that if I saw here walking down the street, looking like this, I probably wouldn't even recognise her.

"Oh, Sophia. You don't know how m-much I missed y-you. I'm s-so sorry b-baby. I-I am," she sobbed.

Gazing into her eyes, all I could see was regret, sorrow, guilt and . . .love. She had glistening tears sitting at the brink of her eyes, and pools of tears streaming down her face. I knew she was sorry . . .I knew she was deeply sorry.

Cupping her face in my hands, I whispered, "I forgive you mom."

"I-I know I probably d-don't des-deserve your f-forgiveness and be-believe m-me when I s-say I regret it."

"I know mom. I know," I mumbled, as hot tears washed down my face.

"Why are you crying momma?" Charis asked, running to me, a worried expression evident on her innocent face.

"Nothing baby. Kaden, come here please hon," I said to Kade, who was probably standing near the entrance of the door with father.

I heard his little footsteps running towards me and soon he was standing beside his baby sister. "Kade, Charis, this is your grandma."

Mom tried to sit up slightly, but failed. As as quick as a flash, father was beside her, helping her up in a sitting position. Once mom was comfortable, she studied Kaden and Charis with a smile on her face.

"Mom, this is Kaden and this is Charis. And they're twins," I stated, proud of both of them.

"Yeah, but I'm bigger," Kade said defensively.

"Yeah, but I'm better," retorted Charis.

"No you're not!" Kade cried.

"Am too."

"No."

"Yes."

"Okay, that's enough babies," I interjected.

"We're not babies momma," they both groaned.

Father, mom and I all chuckled at what they were trying to make out as an annoyed expression. They both pouted and crossed their arms at their chest.

"I'm sorry, you're big kids," I said, and just like that, they both broke out into a beautiful smile.

"They're amazing," mom said, eyes fixed on her grandchildren.

"Hey, Kaden. Hey, Charis. I'm your gran," she said. Trying to climb up the bed, the twins wanted to give mom a hug.

I picked both of them up and gently sat them down beside her, careful that they weren't hurting her in any way at all. They both hugged their grandma together while she held them both tight as well.

"I don't even know you guys that well, but what I do know is that the moment I laid eyes on you, you had me wrapped around your little pinkies," mom muttered.

After their little cuddle with their grandma, Charis and Kaden ran to their Gramp and demanded to go outside to play. And nobody could deny them with their puppy eyes, not even their Gramp, who was supposed to be the macho military man of the family.