Chapter 5

Chapter 5: Bloody Rabbits and Learning?

   Demi-human. It refers to any non-human race that was neutral or at least friendly towards humanity. Because of that behavior, they are treated as nonhostile races by humans.

Most of the Demi-human are races that have a strong connection with the spirits. And they are said to be descendants of the Fairies.

Among those Demi-human races are the elves. Descendants of a hybrid mutation between a pixie and a fairy. Despite both having fairy blood, the elves and dwarves are races that don't normally get along with each other for various and different reasons.

Even the Demi-human are not hostile to humans, it couldn't be said the same for the latter. Some Kingdoms preceded by the rule of humans have treated the Demi-humans to be lower than them.

Demi-humans may be beings that were closest to mankind. But in the end, they were still different from them. Lesser than humans and closer than monsters. That was the view of the human kingdoms of the Demi-humans.

They are superior to those monsters who decided to imitate their looks. A monster should be treated like a monster. Lower than human beings and has no right to live with them.

------------------------

     Lately, Mister Theodore Solonea has placed something in a forest that was called Bounded Field. According to his understanding, it was a defensive type of spell. A magical barrier that has different kinds of purposes.

The one that the vampire has placed in the forest was a spell that prevents the rabbits to leave the forest and for many people, creatures, and monsters to enter. Mister Theodore has assured him that the barrier was very strong. No one can remove it but the vampire himself.

He can understand why the vampire has decided to cast a bounded field in the forest. And he also cast one in his house.

If any of the villagers encountered Mister Theodore, then the following events would become a real mess. The people would be afraid and call Mister Theodore a monster. And then because he was a Vampire, the people would plea for the help of the adventurers. There would be a request to the adventurer's notice board on the matter of killing a very strong monster — He could imagine it happening in reality. And he hoped that the thing in his imagination wouldn't happen in real life.

There was also a fact that those white horned rabbits, a magical creature that was put on the lowest level of danger by the adventurers quite running rampant in the forest.

The fence that he and Mister Theodore have made isn't enough for those rabbits to be contained. The previously numbered rabbits are so numerous that the space in the fence isn't enough for them anymore. They have a very dramatic rise in their numbers. And appears to be in constant mating season.

The rabbits have changed so much. Since the day that some of them have decided to eat on the grass where Mister Theodore's blood has splattered, they have become something else.

Mister Theodore said that they became infected by his blood. They aren't just some normal white-horned rabbits anymore. They become something else because of his blood. The rabbits have changed. Blue eyes turned Red. They become more energetic and wild. Soft and meek demeanor was replaced by feral wildness. Always seeking their progenitor to drink his blood. Bite him with all they can.  Vampiric Impulses— That was what Mister Theodore called the cause of their change of behaviors.

For those bloody rabbits, (he could understand why Mister Theodore has somehow referred to them by that kind of designation ) they would become constantly thirsty for blood. And according to the vampire, they would also seek the blood of their parent.