Chapter 17

Chapter 17: Free Guild

One week after the arrival at the capital of Ingrassia Kingdom Lura, Rinku bid his farewell to the reluctant Coco Adventurer Party.

" We promise, we would certainly meet each other again Rinku! "

Silvan promise him. When Rinku saw them off to the gates of the Capital. Later, after seeing their silhouettes in the distance, Rinku sighed and headed back towards the Inn where he had stayed for 1 week.

Now that the Coco adventurer party is gone, Rinku couldn't help but feel sad.

But Rinku shook his head out of his sad thoughts. They promised him right? Just like how he promised his Teacher Theodore that he would meet him again someday.

They don't seem to be the type to break their promises. And Rinku wasn't one either.

He promise that he would meet his teacher.

Leaving his room at the Inn, when he went down, he was greeted by the Inn Owner.

" Good Morning Mister Rinku. "

[ Good Morning. ]

" Please wait a moment, the breakfast would be ready. "

[ Thank you, I'm fine with waiting. ]

The owner of the Inn Mrs. Martha has become a familiar face to Rinku. After all, Rinku has been staying at her Inn for one week. A minute later, Rinku thanked Mrs. Martha when she brought his breakfast and praise her cooking.

After eating it, Rinku muttered his honest opinions about the food to Martha. And the latter patiently listened and wrote so that she could improve the food in her Inn Better.

A few days ago, this routine started because of the Coco Adventurer Party.

After muttering his opinions about the food, Mrs. Martha smiled at Rinku.

" Thank you, kid. "

Mrs. Martha patted Rinku's head. And the latter was surprised by Mrs. Martha's action.

[ No, you shouldn't thank me! ]

Rinku could feel his face flushing in embarrassment while he wrote his writing board.

He wasn't still used to people treating him with kindness. Rinku felt that his heart would burst every time the Coco Adventurer Party would treat him as their little brother and Mrs. Martha treated him like this.

Rinku was happy but it was shocking to him. He felt that he would die of a heart attack every time they would treat him affectionately.

Later, Rinku returns to his room at the Inn again.

Now that the Coco Adventurer Party was gone, Rinku was left with confusion about what he should do in the Lura Capital.

During the week that he stayed with Coco Adventurer Party, they visited various interesting places in Lura Capital. Even wandering outside the gates of the Castle that belongs to the Royal Family of Lura.

There are so many interesting places and things that exist here. Even though he would eventually leave this place, Rinku decided to stay for the meanwhile.

One month. Rinku decided to stay for 1 month. After that, he would continue his travels to the Dwargon Kingdom.

A few moments later, he heard the voice of Jasper and Avicebron inside his mind.

{ It seems that Master is left on confusion about what he should do without those adventurers. Master how about acquiring more dwarven coins? }

'It is a good idea. Thanks, Jasper. '

{ It's natural to help Master with his confusion. It is a job of mine. }

Way back in the Siltrosso Kingdom, Rinku acquired Dwarven Coins by selling some 20 gold bars at the market.

The gold bars were one of the things left by his Teacher Theodore and were called useless things.

But for Rinku, all of the things that his teacher left to him are worth a lot.

At first, when Rinku heard Jasper and Avicebron suggest exchanging things from his teacher to acquire Dwarven Coin, he was reluctant.

But Jasper pointed out that all of the things that his teacher have give to him would just really remain useless if Rinku didn't use any of them.

It was the 'Useless Inheritance' that he got from his Teacher. Rinku should better find a use for all of them.

Rinku decided that he would go to the Market so that he could sell and acquire more Dwarven Coins. But before that, it seems that Avicebron has a suggestion for him.

{In the past days, there are a lot of things that shouldn't exist here. There may be a library that can provide us with more information about the world and the general state of this kingdom. You shouldn't waste this opportunity to gather more knowledge. }

'Thank you for the advice Avicebron. But who would I ask if a library exists? '

{ There's that organization of Free Guild. You can ask one of their receptionist. }

Rinku nodded his head and thanked Avicebron who was mostly staying in his spirit form for the past few days.

After a while, Rinku who was dressed in mage robes and wearing an eye patch arrived in front of the Free Guild. It was different from the Free Guild building that he entered with the Coco Adventurer Party. That one building which was near the church required an adventurer to be B Rank and above. Rinku was able to enter there because he was the client that they need to be escorted. Meanwhile,  this establishment was located near the entrance of the Lura Capital. The building's door opens automatically like the previous one. Rinku was still surprised when the door to the Free Guild automatically opened. After entering, Rinku felt awe at the reception hall of the Free Guild. This is the second time that he entered this place.

The last time was during the first day that he and the Coco Adventurer Party arrived at the Lura Capital for the turn-in of their quest.

" Welcome, is there something that you need? "

Seeing him enter, one of the receptionists look surprised for a moment before replacing it with a carefully crafted business-like smile.

Rinku then wrote his response.

[ I am not familiar with Lura Capital. I want to know if a place where general information is provided... or a library exists. Also, I want to ask about the location of the Market. ]

Even though his question has no connection to the free guild, Rinku was glad that the receptionist appeared to be not bothered and answered his question with a smile. Rinku listened to the receptionist's explanation and answer for a few minutes.

After the explanation, Rinku thanked her and decided to give her one Dwarven gold coin to her surprise.

Heading towards the door, Rinku left the free guild. But outside the door, before he can even walk two steps, he bumped into someone.

Rinku look up and saw a black-haired woman wearing a white mask. Feeling flustered Rinku could only bow his head to apologize.

The mask-wearing person then gestured that it was alright and Rinku sighed in relief. Rinku bowed again before leaving. He felt ashamed of himself for not carefully looking at his surroundings.

Meanwhile, Izawa Shizue who has returned and planning to talk to her student frowned. She didn't know what is her student doing here at this establishment which was only for adventurers of C rank and lower. She watched Rinku leave. There was something unusual with the half-elf kid that bumped into her.

She felt the presence of something similar to an elemental within him.