Chapter 19

Chapter 19: Magic Division (1)

Rinku sat on a chair fiddling with his rucksack's tie which was placed on his lap.

        " Name? "

A gruff-looking middle-aged man asked the man. Hurriedly, he took out his Identification Card and showed it to the gruff middle-aged man. It was a newly issued Identification Card which was the same for most of the Adventurer's and people here at Ingrassia Kingdom.

When the Coco party arrived here at Lura Capital to turn in the mission, one of the receptionists recommended Rinku update his outdated Identification card from Siltrosso Kingdom with a new one. An Ingrassia and Free Guild version of the Identification Card.

[  Client Card

Name: Rinku Desmous
Age: 12 
Kingdom: Siltrosso 
Job: None      ]

His ID indicated him as a client and not an adventurer. The receptionist have told him once that the ID couldn't replicated so easily or counterfeit because it needed the blood of the owner of the ID and mana signature. Also, the material for the ID was something unique and expensive according to the receptionist.

Thankfully, The Coco adventurers and Rinku didn't need to pay the ID when they change their former Identifications to a new one that was issued by the Free Guild. Even if you don't have any former Adventurer Identification Card, you could also register for the new Identification and it was free.

But the moment you lose or destroyed the ID, the next time you want to have one reissued or your Identification Card recreated there would be a payment that was a total of 1 dwarven gold coin.

After staring at the ID, the gruff-looking middle-aged man's expression softened a little.

" Rinku Desmous...From Siltrosso Kingdom? How long have you been here? Do you know what have you involved yourself, kid? "

Rinku shook his head and raises one of his fingers on his right hand.

" So you don't know huh? You've been here for 1 day? "

Rinku shook his head.

" 1 week? "

Rinku smiled a little and nodded his head.

" So... Not that long. Kid, you've been nearly scammed. The person who tried to sell you spellbooks is an illegal vendor or black marketer. They don't have permission to sell their items from the Kingdom of Ingrassia authorities. Most of the vendors or black marketers didn't pass the safety standards, they're offered items that are dangerous or lacking, and lastly, their counterfeits. "

Taking out his board on his storage ring to the middle-aged man's surprise, writing on them, Rinku asked.

[ Are those spellbooks that I tried to buy earlier counterfeits? ]

" You're right. Lura and the Kingdom of Ingrassia as a whole have been trying to crack down on those black marketers. It was all thanks to the recent laws that the Royal Family have passed and suggested by the Free Grandmaster. "

[ Thank you. ]

" It's my and others' obligation and responsibility as a Knight kid. Don't worry about it. The Western Holy Church has also been in cooperation with the Kingdom and Free Guild in making the Kingdom a better place. "

Rinku could feel a smile on his face at the Knight's words. At the same time, he also felt nervous.

After that, the Knight asked him several questions like how did he come across the black marketer, when did he arrive, how he arrived in the Ingrassia Kingdom, Who is the adventurers that accompanied him on his escort mission issued by him. The knight also asked if he was just a simple civilian. Rinku honestly answered that one.

[ I'm a mage ]

" You're quite young for a mage.. "

The man muttered staring at Rinku with a discerning expression. The man's eyes stare at him then intensified.

" Then you must be an exceptional talent. "

Rinku lowered his head and averted his gaze. The Knight then continued.

" There were divisions for the Free Guild that has been recently established. One of them is the Magic Division. "

Rinku has his interest piqued when he heard that. He stared at the Knight with his uncovered golden eye.

He was curious about the difference between the spells, constructions, and magic applications and theories of his world and the Nasuverse.

He can also feel that Jasper and Caster Avicebron were also curious about the Magic Division of the free guild.

" Joining the division requires proficiency in magic and of course to be able to wield magic. Since you are a mage, maybe you could try joining the Magic Division? "

Rinku was tempted to join the Magic Division. But he was also confused by the intentions of the Knight toward him. Rinku then asked the Knight.

[ Why? ]

At the question, the Knight sighed. Rubbing the back of his neck while his always previous terse and serious expression turned into a small wry looking smile.

" My daughter is a member of Magic Division. She was complaining about their lack of numbers and how few wanted to join the Magic Division since there weren't many benefits to joining the Magic Division compared to being an Adventurer of the Free Guild. Also, members of the Magic Division aren't recognized as an adventurer since their focus was researching magic spells and magical theories. "

Rinku's eyes lit up when he heard the Knight. Seeing Rinku's expression, the Knight feels a little bit amused.

Later, after the Knight have finished asking questions (interrogation), he decided to finally declare Rinku safe and wasn't any wanted criminal or monster who wanted to wreak havoc or cause chaos. He was also aware of Rinku being a half-elf but he wasn't someone who discriminate against or hold a grudge against demi-humans.

The moment that the Knights planned to raid the Black Marketers or Illegal vendors that appeared in the Merchant District, it was surprising that the Knights came across Rinku.

The public residents of Lura and Ingrassia Kingdom have been made aware of the existence of Illegal vendors, so it was common sense for people to don't approach any suspicious vendors. Illegal transactions made toward Black Marketers are also forbidden.

The time they encounter Rinku, the Knight's gut told them that Rinku was 'unpleasant', 'disgusting', and 'sick'. It was a strange feeling. Their subconscious screamed it to the Knights and even though Rinku was a child, they decided to detain and interrogate him since there was a possibility that he was monster or criminal.