Chapter 20

Chapter 20: Magic Division (Part 2)

     Magic Division. A specialized division was recently established in the Free Guild. Affiliation with the magic division does not guarantee their usefulness in the Free Guild and they were not recognized as an adventurer until they gain experience in harvesting, exploration, and combat.

Morning, the Magic Division building lounge was empty as usual. Amisha sighed as she look at the state of Magic Division.

Despite being part of the Free Guild, the Magic Division was unpopular as ever. It's been two months since the Magic Division was established but currently, the Magic Division has only a total of 12 members on their list.

Aspiring mages, found the Magic Division to be lacking in benefits, and was better to seek their fates out there by going to the Kingdom of Malukshure where the famous Magic Tower is located. If they were interested in forming a contract with a spirit, they are free to go to the Ulgrasia Republic and Sorcery Dynasty's Sarion where their study of magic science is known.

In terms of Magic knowledge, the kingdom of Ingrassia was lacking. The members of the newly established Magic Division were adventurers of the Free Guild when it was still known as the Adventurer's mutual aid association or Adventurer's Association. They were hired and entrusted by the Grandmaster of Free Guild Yuuki Kagurazaka who was known as a summoned person from another world.

Since its establishment, there has never been a person who has willingly come to their doorsteps to register for Magic Division. All of the people who have the potential to become a mage or are already a mage went to directly register as an adventurer having none of the interest in becoming a part of the Magic Division.

Amisha was expecting another disappointing day until everything changes after lunch. Entering the open main door of their magic division was a person wearing a white robe that has a hood. The hood was doing a good job of covering the person's eyes. But Amisha can still glimpse a trace of brown locks peaking through beneath the hood of the robes.

Amisha can feel her heart beat faster than normal. Whether it was excitement, anticipation, nervousness, or even a mix of all of those 3 emotions, she doesn't know.

Eventually, the person arrives in front of her and the person raises their head a little. Beneath the brown locks, a golden eye peak through the ride side of their face. Looking at the person's face, they were giving the feeling of ignorance and cluelessness. The person looks young, just at the age of the start of adolescence. They have a face that would make people fawn over the person. It was a face that when it cries it would make the people feel their hearts clench painfully unless the person was a cruel human who takes pleasure in other's pain and misery.

But despite how good the person looked in front of her when she saw their face, there was a trace of disgust and revulsion rising within her which made her confused.

Amisha a person who appreciates beauty was confused. While she was wondering about her sudden feeling of disgust and revulsion toward the person in front of her, the said person put forward a writing board on her face. The thing in front of her was successful in distracting her from her confusing emotions.

[ I'm interested in learning about the Magic Division. Could you possibly tell me more about your Magic Division, Miss? ]

After reading it, Amisha asked.

" Are you an adventurer? "

[ No, I'm not an adventurer Miss. But I am a mage. ]

Upon learning the information that the person in front of her was a mage, Amisha's feelings of disgust and revulsion lessened and she asked the person in front of her.

" Interested in joining our Magic Division? "

[ .. Possibly? But could you please explain to me first about your Magic Division Miss? ]

" Okay. I will do it. But make sure that you consider joining our Magic Division! You won't regret it. Anyway, my name is Amisha... Better start listening to me because I wouldn't repeat it okay? "

The person in front of her nodded his head. At the end of her explanation, Amisha asked the potential recruit in their magic division.

" So. Are you interested in joining us? "

[... I would like to try]

Amisha can feel a huge smile forming on her face.

" Great! Now you only need to show proof that you can wield magic for you to be eligible on joining the magic division. But if you want more reliable proof of your membership, then there was the magic practical test where the division captain would test you in every aspect of magic. "

[ What's the difference between the two? ]

" Hmmm... If I would be honest. The normal regular test is for regular members of the magic division while the latter was that you have a high chance of getting a higher position in the magic division depending on your magic proficiency and talent that you showed. "

[ So.. What would it be esteemed Mage?]

Originally, Rinku wanted to go to the dwarf kingdom. But since the magic division has piqued his interest including Avicebron and Jasper, they decided to stay here and try this magic division for Rinku.

If he would have more connections, his study of magic and research would be easier.

[ I want to try the latter. ]

" Okay, just wait a moment! You can seat on one of the chairs first and let me go to the second floor and call the Division Leader. "

Rinku nodded his head as he made his way to one of the soft-looking chairs and made himself comfortable. Watching Amisha go to the 2nd floor through the stairs, Rinku clenched his fist together that was currently placed on his knees.

His heart is beating faster than normal.

He feels nervous and excited more than usual.

{ Don't worry Master, you would do well and fine in this magic exam. You don't need to fret. Even if you ended up not being accepted, there are other avenues for you to become strong and proficient in Magic. }

' Thank you, Jasper. '

Eventually, Amisha came down from the 2nd floor with An old man dressed in purple robes. Staring at him, the old man has an interested glint in his eye as he asked Rinku.

" Are you the one taking the magic exam? "