Chapter 9

Chapter 9: Before Summoning

{ Name: Unlucky Child
Alias: Monster
Race: Special Hybrid
Age: 10

[Stats]

Strength: E
Agility: B
Luck: A+
Endurance: C
Mana: A+

[Skills]

Intrinsic Skill:

[Elf]

• Archery Mastery
• Enhanced Hearing
• Elemental Magic Talent
• Spirit Affinity
• Nature Affinity
• Magic Sense

[Human]

• Adaption

Common Skill

• Five Elements Mastery: Beginner

Unique Skills

• Mystic Eyes of Da Vinci: Vampire Version (Fake) }

[Renaissance]

° Analytical Appraisal
° Analysis
° Perfect Recollection
° Mind Palace
° Knowledge Archive
° Mana/Magicule Management

[Vampire(Foreign Origin)]- Full Moon

° Blood Empowerment
° Full Moon Empowerment
° Enhanced Senses }

   Through the mystic eyes that were grafted and gifted to him by Mister Theodore, from a half-elf he has evolved into a special hybrid according to the emotionless voice that resounded in his mind at that time. Various skills have been granted to him thanks to the mystic eyes. The voice that he had heard, if he wasn't wrong was what the old man Mormalk told him in one of his tales as the 'Voice of the World'. The old adventurer didn't know much about the voice of the world. It was only known that it was a very powerful entity. Its presence usually means something significant. And that the voice of the world was commonly heard by monsters in special circumstances.

He frowned at the thought of becoming more of a monster than he already was branded by the villagers. It was an unpleasant thing to think. But he wouldn't even bear the thought of giving up the eye so he could be more 'human'. The mystic eyes are powerful. But it wasn't the reason why would he not want to don't have it. The mystic eyes are a gift to him. It was Mister Theodore's gift to him. It was an odd present. Fitting for the eccentric vampire to give him one. And it was also a very sentimental gift. Knowing that the mystic eyes are very important to Mister Theodore but still deciding to give them to him, gives him a strange feeling of comfort and genuine happiness. It must be meant that Mister Theodore has grown fond of him and that he was considered important. Mister Theodore cares for him.

After having successfully grafted the magic crest on his hand and grafting a mystic eye on him, The dimension traveler has been helping him to train his abilities and practice magic for the past few days.

" Come, my student. "

He heard the voice of Mister Theodore beckoning him. The vampire has been holding the Golden Cup again just like a few days ago. He then walks towards the vampire. Other than that, he also notice that Jasper was floating beside Mister Theodore. He smiled at the strange sight. No matter how many times he has seen it, he would never really get to use the idea of Jasper being capable of moving on its own and being sentient. If someone must have seen Jasper, anyone in this world would be shocked at Jasper's appearance. It brought a silly amusement to him every time he would imagine the reaction or face that the people would make upon meeting the unique and sentient weapon.

He was brought out of his thoughts when he felt a pain in his forehead. He let out a soundless wince and look at Mister Theodore with an aggrieved expression on his face.

" If we are in a very dire situation or a battle, you would already be defeated. "

The vampire reprimanded. His shoulders shook at those words and he let out a sigh.

" Now, don't be like that. This was supposed to be a happy occasion considering your progress. The magic crest and the mystic eye have been stabilizing. Your body is making the necessary adjustments to accommodate them. This world and Nasuverse are different from each other, that's why I made some adjustments during the operation. It seems that it was working well. "

Mister Theodore said his emerald eye turning crimson again. Upon staring at Mister Theodore's face, he squashed down the feeling of guilt rising in him at the sight of Mister Theodore's single eye while his other was now covered with a patch. Mister Theodore has willingly gifted the mystic eye to him. He shouldn't dishonor it by feeling guilty. He doesn't want the vampire to be upset.

Jasper also assured him that it wouldn't remain like that forever. He doesn't know what the kaleidostaff meant by those words, but he decided to believe in Jasper.

" We just need to wait for a few more days before we could finally implement my plan. "

The vampire raise the holy grail and let him stare at it for a few seconds before Mister Theodore started muttering things that he can't comprehend and understand.

" Thankfully, this holy grail has been modified without needing Saintz Quartz... "

Mister Theodore shuddered as he said those words. His face is also shown as an expression of unexplainable pain and hardship.

" It's no wonder even Ritsuka would be even reduced to become more like his twin Gudako when he runs out of his luck and Quartz. "

He perked up at the mention of Mister Theodore's friends in one of the vampire's best stories that he ever told him.

" Anyway, I hope that you would be lucky once you started summoning. "

Then, the vampire looks regretfully at him.

" Unfortunately, I haven't brought any good or useful catalyst on my Kaleidobox. Whoever you would summon depends on your luck. It was also fortunate that this world is different from the modern Earth of Nasuverse. I can sense several places saturated with your own world's mana. It was comparable to the ancient times of the Nasuverse. There were also several leylines and spots in which we could perform the summoning a few days later. "

He nodded his head and then Mister Theodore returned the Holy Grail to his Kaleidobox again. After that, he started practicing his skills and learning to use his magic more efficiently. Of course, it was under the watchful stare of the vampire. It was then followed by practicing with Jasper again.

The routine of regular practicing and training continued after a few days until the day of summoning arrived.