07 | slacker

"FOR THE LOVE OF God will you please leave the bathroom?" Amara asked for what it seemed like the tenth time that hour as she leaned her head against the doorframe. "I'm getting worried that you fell in the toilet or something."

"I'm not coming out," came her sister's reply. Amara stifled a sigh but didn't move. She could hear the distant sound of pots clanging downstairs, and Margot's voice trying to speak over them. For a second she considered going down to watch the free entertainment between her grandmother and actual mother, but stayed put instead. It probably was the usual mindless arguing between the two, anyway.

"Did you shave your hair?"

"What? No."

"Is there a tv remote implanted up your ass?"

"No?"

"Are you constipated?"

"Amara-"

"You're gonna get hemorrhoids if you keep sitting on the toilet you know." There was no reply this time, and Amara straightened to leave before she heard shuffling come from behind the door, and it unlocked with a click. Curiously, she turned the knob and pushed it open. "Please don't tell me you're about to show me a humongous turd."

"I think I understand now."

Amara blinked, wavering at the entrance to the bathroom. "What?"

"Why I've been such a dick to you," Silvia turned off the faucet and faced her. "I'm sorry."

Amara slowly began to smirk. "Did you finally hit puberty?"

"Shut up."

Her smirk broadened and she took a step closer to squeeze Silvia's cheeks. "Awww! They grow up so fast. Maybe you'll get boobs now."

"I hate you."

"Liar."

Silvia's own face broke out into a grin. "Maybe."

"Hot Tom is in again," Victor stated, stepping into the changing room as Amara adjusted her skirt before looking up to grab the earrings from her locker. "God, I would totally hit that."

Amara pulled a face and glanced to him. "He's like forty."

"Thirty-six," Victor corrected, flattening out his hair as Tom began to make his way back to where they were stood, stopping along the way to talk to one of the waitresses. "How do I look?"

"Too young for him," Amara replied with a cheeky smile, and she patted him on the chest before stepping out of the changing room and back into the restaurant for her shift. When she rounded the corner to serve her first table of the day, she wasn't at all surprised to see James sitting there once again. She rolled her eyes and shot him a look. "What do you want?"

"Dude, your customer service skills suck."

"Yeah, well, I don't like you. And I don't care."

"Might have to lower my tip then."

"Also don't care."

"Everybody loves money."

She inhaled to stop herself from snapping and waited a moment before replying. "What can I get for you?"