12 | frank's death wish

★

AMARA SAT AT THE Gallagher's table, taking a bite out of the meat they had just cooked. Silvia and Debbie chatted excitedly, but Amara couldn't be bothered to figure out what it was about as she stuffed her face with steak.

Frank barged in, removing his scarf from around his neck, looking beat up. "What happened to you?" Lip asked between a mouthful of food.

"Uh, huge guy jumped me," Frank answered. "Two eighty. Two ninety, steoroids...Who knows?"

"Good for him," Lip commented, and Frank looked at Amara.

"Why are you always here?" He demanded.

"Why are you always here?" She shot back. "For your information, I'm actually wanted. Unlike you."

"Lip, I don't like your girlfriend," Frank announced, and the blonde boy rolled his eyes. "Okay, Debbie, I need your help."

"I've got maybe two bucks," Debbie admitted.

"No, no, no. Show of hands, how many of you, at one point or another, have wanted to see me dead?" The five of them shared a look, before they all raised their arms up in the air. "Yeah!" He exclaimed, sounding way too excited for someone who was just told by his entire family that they wanted him dead. "Here's your chance."

"Are you about to ask us to stab you to death? Because I'll have you know, I won't hesitate to fulfill that wish."

"I got nothing," Lip announced, his eyes scanning the surrounding area. "You?"

"Nope," Amara replied.

"Empty. Hey, I've gotta leave in five minutes," Kev told them, coming around the car.

"I can't believe you guys are getting a foster kid," the blonde said, shaking his head in disbelief as they began to start walking again.

"I can't believe we're about to fake Frank's death," she muttered, shoving her hands into the pockets of her jacket to stop herself from shivering.

"Bingo," Lip cut her off, pointing to one of the cars. They leaned down to get a better view.

"Looks like a good one, too," Kev commented, straightening up to pry the door open.

"You know, a lot of those foster kids are messed up," he continued.

"Exactly," Kev responded, making the younger boy furrow his eyes in confusion. "That's why they need a positive influence."

The car door opened, and Lip quickly crawled in it, and Amara jogged to the passenger side. "This piece of shit better have heat. I'm freezing."

"Why didn't you say something?" Lip asked, starting to shrug his jacket off, before she smacked his arm to get him to stop. "What?"

"Don't do that. It's weird."