07 | thought i was dead

"I CAN'T BELIEVE YOUR wife came to your house," Lip mused from outside of the ice cream truck. He was busy fixing the engine while Amara organized the desserts into the freezer, and Kevin was dusting everything off. Despite Lip previously just driving the vehicle, it was still a total mess. Amara watched with a wince as the older man threw out yet another paper towel that was completely covered in sot and dirt onto the grass.

"Yeah, I thought V was gonna rip her throat out," Kev admitted, and they all broke out into matching chuckles. "So, what's going on with you and Mandy?"

Amara froze, glancing up to Kev who was staring out the door questioningly towards the blonde. "What do you mean?"

"You guys seem tight."

"Just friends," Lip shrugged him off, clearly not bothered with the question like Amara was. Of course she trusted Lip. And Mandy for that matter, too, but whenever things finally started to go good for her—something bad would always happen to fuck shit up.

"Good, cause you got a great girl right here," he waved a finger in Amara's direction, and she smiled softly as she continued to stick popsicles inside the freezer before her. "Don't fuck that up. I mean it, man. If you hurt Amara I'm kicking your ass."

"Get in line," came Lip's response. "Fiona and Ian have already threatened me. Along with Carl for some reason, too. Although his was more like 'dump Amara so I can have her.' Fucking weirdo."

"Don't call Carl a weirdo," Amara scolded with an amused grin. "And I don't know where his sudden crush on me came from."

"What can I say?" Lip shrugged. "You're hot. It's about time Carl should go through puberty and become a horny bitch for the next three years."

"Only three?" Kevin repeated. "Man, that never goes away. And neither will Mandy now that you saved her half-sister. Do you know what kind of signals that sends? Chicks dig that hero-shit. You're stuck with her now."

Amara blinked in confusion. Was Kevin implying Mandy was going for Lip? She'd never do that. Luckily, Lip seemed to agree. "Mandy wouldn't try any of that. She knows Amara and I are..."

Kev perked up in interest. "Are what?"

"Unlabeled," Amara answered with a shrug. "Besides, she's my best friend. She knows that Lip and I are together. She'd never try anything like that."

"Whatever you say," Kev sounded unconvinced, shrugging. "I think otherwise. Lip is basically ghetto-married to a girl that isn't you."

"Yeah, okay," Amara scoffed.

"Tell me this, Lip. Has Mandy been doing your laundry? Making you food?"

Lip blinked. "She folded one of my shirts yesterday. Doesn't mean anything, though. She was just being nice."

"No, no way," Kev argued. "You rescued her sister. She probably thinks you're trying to subtly say you're interested."

Amara's heart plummeted. "Are you?"

"Of course not," Lip's reply was immediate. "Kev, stop trying to fuck up our relationship."

"I'm just warning you," Kev stated.

"Gun it," Lip ordered with the firm nod of his head, sounding annoyed. Kev obliged, and the engine hardly sputtered before turning on smoothly. Lip flung himself in a seat with a sly grin.

"Nice work," Kev complimented, and they slammed the doors shut as Amara fell onto the blonde's lap. He eagerly wrapped his arms around her waist, securing her to him as Kev drove off towards the store.