10 | shepherd's pie

AMARA HAD ONCE AGAIN found inspiration in the bad situation that she was in, and her hand scribbled the words against her paper as she wrote. However, her mind stopped racing when something hard hit her window, and she jumped. It happened again, and this time, she rushed over to it to see Lip and Ian grinning up at her. She quickly darted down the stairs to meet them, and she was instantly welcomed by two pairs of arms.

"God, it's so weird not being able to see you guys everyday. They let you out?"

"Yeah. Dusk till dawn as long as we don't fuck up in the home. What have you been doing without us?"

"You know, crack and shit."

"Very funny," Lip rolled his eyes.

"We visited Carl and Liam."

"Yeah? How are they?"

"Our genius brother is trying to find ways to get them thrown out by drawing on the walls and making Liam pee on everything." Amara choked on a laugh. "How's stuff going on around here?"

"Boring without you guys, but do you want anything? I've got left over Shepherd's pie in the freezer. I'm sure that'll be better than the actual shit they're feeding you at the group home."

Ian moaned dramatically and eagerly nodded his head while Lip laughed. Amara shook her head in amusement, but spun on her heel anyway to pull it out of the fridge. Moments later, footsteps sounded from the stairway, and she glanced up to see Gloria standing there with a scowl.

"I see your drug dealers have returned."

"I see your hair hasn't," Lip retorted lightening fast, and Amara had to cover her mouth with her hand to stop the laugh from escaping.

Gloria glowered at the blonde, and looked to her granddaughter. "I'm going grocery shopping. You want anything?"

"Oh, yeah can you get-"

"Oh, nope!" Gloria cut her off with a sarcastic smile. "It's my money, and since I don't pay the bills around here, and my opinion clearly doesn't count for something, your requests don't matter to me."

"What the hell was that about?" Ian asked when the older woman stepped out the door. Amara rolled her eyes and handed them both their now steaming hot food.

"Mandy came to stay last night, and she got mad I didn't ask her permission. I told her it wasn't her house so I didn't have to ask her. Apparently she's gonna be a little bitch and pull the petty card. Fuck if I care. We didn't need her before, and we don't need her now."

"But she's buying you the good stuff," Ian said with a mouthful of food. "Keep her around. She's a much better cook than you."

"Cook?" Lip repeated. "Making pancakes from a box doesn't count."

With a sweet smile, Amara took the fork from Lip's hands, their fingers brushing together. For a moment she looked like she was going to kiss him, but then suddenly she flung the remaining of the Shepherd's pie onto his forehead, and let out an evil laugh. Lip grabbed a napkin and scrunched his face up in annoyance.

"Shut up. Asshole."

"Gigantic bitch."

"Hey, you're good at calligraphy, right?" Fiona asked, and Amara looked up from her notebook. She seemed hopeful in her fancy clothes that looked like they belonged to a lawyer.

Amara shrugged. "I used to be. Why?"

"Think you can whip out that old talent and sign this as 'Ginger Gallagher?'"