08 | mr. rainbow sprinkles

"I BROUGHT PANCAKE MIX" Amara announced, closing the door behind her and watching as Fiona loaded fresh out of the oven cookies onto a plate, and pausing to glance up as she walked in. Both Fiona and Liam had been released, and they were back at home, and even though the eldest (well, technically, it was Sammi now, but that was a different story) Gallagher sibling got lucky with no jail time and only parol, she still seemed depressed and quiet. Amara figured she needed a pick-me-up, and who didn't like pancakes?

"That's the expensive brand," Fiona noticed as Amara set the box onto the counter in front of her. "You secretly rich?"

"Nah," Amara went to grab a cookie but Fiona smacked her hand away, and she frowned. "Just got a sugar daddy."

"Those are for my parol officer. How'd you buy the good stuff?"

"Your parol officer won't need thirteen cookies, Fi," Amara replied, smirking when Fiona gave her a look. "And let's just say that punching people may have more perks than just getting out your aggression."

"Mmm," Fiona continued to load the cookies onto a different plate. "You busy today?"

"Hardly," she shrugged, sliding onto a stool. "Gotta run a few errands for Gloria and work starts at one. What's up?"

"Nothing... Could just use the company, is all. Feel like everyone hates me."

"Nobody hates you."

"Your boyfriend seems to disagree," Fiona replied, her voice hardening even though her face seemed to fall a bit, and Amara straightened.

"You mean about the screaming fit temper tantrum that happened yesterday?"

Fiona met her eyes. "You heard that?"

Amara shrugged and snatched a cookie when Fiona had her back turned. "Was taking out the garbage, didn't exactly hear what was said but I know it couldn't have been good. I knew an explosion like that was coming, though."

"Seems like I know how to push everyone's buttons," Fiona sighed, running a hand down her face. "He wasn't wrong."

Amara gave her a look. "Fiona."

"It's fine, thank you for the pancakes."

She glanced towards the stairs. "Lip here?"

"College," Fiona answered, putting the pancake box into a high cabinet. "Debbie got her period this morning."

Amara turned back to Fiona with a grin. "How unfortunate."

"Is this gonna become a daily thing?" Amara asked, stepping over to the table James was seated at a couple of hours later, raising her brows.

"What?" He wondered, blinking innocently up at her. "You don't like hanging out with your friends?"

"We're far from friends, James," she responded, giving him a look.

"Yeah," he agreed, shrugging and eating a fry. "It was worth a shot. Wanna sit?"

"I'm literally working."

"Well you're technically not my waitress so, does it really matter?"

"Yes, it does really matter."

"Then why are you over here talking to me?"

"Because popular James Lewis is sitting by himself and I'm not about to let him do that and not make fun of him?"