00

"A piece of me died."
____________________________________________________

Alivia laughed freely and threw her head back as she and Annie spun around on the dance floor, completely lost in their drunken world.

Annie stopped moving abruptly, her hands gripping Alivia's arms firmly and eyes widening.

She groaned in annoyance and mumbled as she staggered towards the bathroom, "I'ma go throw up for a sec."

Alivia shook her head softly and chuckled, making her way over to the bar to order them both some water for a change.

She sat down on one of the bar stools and leaned against the bar. She rested her chin in her hands and drank through the blue plastic straw.

"Hey there," a thick voice piped up from her left. She turned and smiled politely at the stranger, then swiftly turned her attention back to the bar.

The man leaned in closer and she could feel her body tense up, suddenly feeling completely sober. "Can I buy you a drink?"

She finished her water and leaned back, "No, thank you."

"Oh, come on, baby." He grinned brightly and placed a hand on her knee. "Just one drink."

Her face hardened as she spat out firmly once again, "No, thank you."

"Fucking bitch." He scoffed, angry and offended by her disinterest. "You shouldn't be dressed like that if you don't want attention."

She felt the anger rise in her chest, her blood boiling, and her fingernails piercing the skin of her palms as she tried to control her emotions.

She failed miserably.

She swiftly leaned over the bar, seized a small knife laying beside a piece of lime, and dug it into his left hand that was resting on the counter.

He yelped out in pain and held his hand against his chest after removing the blade. "What the fuck?!"

"What?" Her brows furrowed as she feigned confusion, however, her features quickly hardened. "You shouldn't look like that if you don't want to get stabbed."

She flashed him a sarcastic smile and headed over to the restrooms. She laughed as she found the blonde half asleep in one of the stalls.

Alivia placed Annie's arm around her shoulders and snaked her own arm around her friend's waist to lift her up.

"Come on," Alivia mumbled and steadied herself before exiting the room, heading out of the bar and into the cold night, "let's get you home."

Annie simply groaned in response and stumbled alongside her, eyes barely being able to stay open.

Alivia exhaled in relief when they entered Annie's apartment a couple of minutes later and collapsed next to each other on the couch. She could feel her muscles ache from carrying a half-conscious person several blocks.

"I'm pretty sure I spent half my paycheck on that." Annie eventually spoke at a slow pace, a pained expression on her face.

Alivia sighed and ran her fingers through her tangled hair, whispering, "Yeah, me too."

"I think it's time for our plan b," Annie faced her friend with raised brows.

Alivia chuckled, "Yeah? You got a place in mind?"

"It's simple," Annie began and shrugged, "Fine & Frugal."

Alivia narrowed her eyes for a moment, "you want to rob the grocery store we work at?"

"Yeah, I mean, places like that get hit eventually."

"Yeah, you're not wrong there," Alivia nodded. "And Boomer definitely deserves it."

"More than anyone," Annie said in disgust at the thought of their manager.

Alivia eventually broke the silence that followed, "So, when do you wanna do this?"