01

"I'm going to be the deadliest
piece on the board."
____________________________________________________

"Okay, let's do it." Beth's voice suddenly echoed throughout Alivia's apartment, the front door letting out a loud thud as it shut behind her, causing her dog to bark in surprise.

"Okay," Alivia agreed, breaking the short silence that took over the room. "What are we doing exactly?"

"We're gonna rob that store." She informed them, surprising the three women gathered in the living room.

"Yes!" Annie exclaimed excitedly.

Ruby glanced around the room with wide eyes, "have y'all lost your minds?!"

"Mm, long ago," Alivia shrugged before pointing at Annie. "She didn't have one to begin with."

Annie let out a sarcastic laugh and narrowed her eyes as she lifted her middle finger up.

"We were just kidding about the store, right?" Ruby said with eyes still as wide and horrified at the excitement radiating from her friends at such a terrible idea.

"I wasn't," Annie answered with a wide grin.

"Well, I was."

"Why, though?" Alivia started and leaned back against the cushions, her dog curling up into a ball next to her. "You need it just as bad as we do."

"This is not the way to do it," Ruby muttered.

Beth finally sat down on the armchair next to the sofa and spoke softly, "We just do it once and we get some money."

"You get to help your little girl," Annie added.

"Yes, and you get to take care of this custody thing." Beth nodded and looked over at her younger sister. She sighed, "And I get to save my family."

"And you," Annie began and lightly smacked Alivia's arm, "get to finally pay off your student loans."

Alivia groaned at the thought of her crushing debt.

"Then what? That's it?" Ruby wondered, expression softening.

"That's it. We're done." Beth reassured her. "I mean, we can't just sit back and let everything be taken away from us."

"She's right, no one's gonna fix this." Annie crossed her arms over her chest and slumped back in her seat. "We have to do this ourselves."

All eyes were on Ruby as they waited for her answer. She eventually let out a loud sigh, "Okay, we're doing this."

"Yes, we are!" Annie exclaimed and stood up in excitement.

Alivia rolled her eyes and pulled her friend back down, "calm the fuck down."

"So, how you wanna do this?" Ruby asked, her eyes focused on Beth, who simply shrugged.

"Well, luckily, we-" Annie started and motioned between her and Alivia, "already started on a little something."

"It might need some updating, but-" Alivia said while making her way into her bedroom and back out with a notepad. She opened it up to the correct page and laid it down on the coffee table, "we drew up a map of the store."

Beth and Ruby looked down at the paper, surprised at how detailed it was.

"Wow, you really marked everything down," Beth said.

"Well, duh," Annie let out, "we were planning on robbing the store, so, the more we have the better."

Ruby's brows furrowed, "how long have you two been planning this exactly?"

"Not long, really," Alivia informed her and shrugged. "A few months, maybe-"

"Doesn't matter," Annie interrupted, beaming with excitement and ready to get into the actual plan, "let's get to work, baby!"