07

"I want to ruin myself
and everything around me."
____________________________________________________

Alivia pushed her sunglasses back to the top of her head and spun her head to look at Beth, noticing her knuckles turning white from how hard she was clasping the wheel.

She softly hit her hand against Beth's arm, catching her attention. "Don't hold the wheel like that."

Beth's brows furrowed as she glanced down at her hands, "what's wrong with the way I'm holding it?"

"It looks like you're about to commit a crime and gun it."

"Because we are!" Beth whispered harshly but shook her hands in an attempt to seem less stiff.

Annie leaned forward, poking her head through the two seats, "Now it just looks like you already have the drugs up your butt."

Alivia rolled her eyes and groaned as she placed a hand on her friend's forehead, pushing her back, "Dude, not helping."

"Wasn't trying to," Annie shrugged and crossed her arms as she leaned back against the seat, grinning widely at Alivia flipping her off.

"YOU ARE ABOUT TO CROSS THE BORDER INTO CANADA. HAVE YOUR PASSPORTS AND ALL NECESSARY DOCUMENTS READY."

The guards' voice boomed and Alivia reached down to open her bag, and take out their passports.

"Do they pull you over on the way in?" Beth wondered nervously.

Annie's head appeared between the seats again, her brows raised. "Well, if they do, it's not like we have anything in the car. Duh."

"It's gonna be okay, B," Alivia said softly, trying to reassure her.

"I brought Stan's gun," Ruby suddenly informed, causing the women to turn and look at her in surprise.

"Why would you do that?!" Annie exclaimed.

"We are committing a crime in a foreign country, I thought it was smart to bring protection," Ruby stated with a slight shrug.

"It's Canada!" Annie's voice echoed, her eyes wide.

"Calm down, it's in my purse and it's not loaded."

"Oh, well that's fine then," Annie huffed sarcastically and slumped back against the seat, crossing her arms over her chest.

"This is crazy!" Beth exclaimed after a moment of silence, throwing her hands up, "What are we doing here? What if we get caught?"

"You'd rather we turn back and just let the gang kill us?" Alivia spat, starting to get frustrated with how hard her friends found the situation they got themselves into. "He'll keep showing up."

Annie sighed, "We don't have a choice."

Beth's grip on the steering wheel tightened, "there's always a choice."

"It's not gonna end until we end it," Ruby added faintly.

Beth sighed in exasperation then glanced around, "Tell me to turn the car around, please."

The cars behind them began honking impatiently and Alivia kept her gaze on the guards ahead as she spoke, "Just go, Beth."

The ride past the border was silent, no one really knowing how to break it.

Beth soon slowed down as they approached the address written on the piece of paper Alivia held in her hands, arriving at a large building.

Alivia furrowed her brows and narrowed her eyes and the giant crafts sign hanging over the store entrance, "What the fuck is this?"