26

"I AM THE MONSTER YOU CREATED."
____________________________________________________

"Guys, I have an idea," Annie whispered into the phone while struggling to put her jacket on. "What's one thing we know about this guy that the cops don't? He lau-"

Her eyes widened as she turned and she quickly pocketed the phone, a big smile on her face.

Alivia leaned against her locker with her arms crossed and her brow raised. "Oh, please continue telling us about this idea of yours. I'm intrigued."

"Oh, it's nothing important," Annie chuckled nervously, trying to think of a believable excuse. "Just this idea I have for a book I'm writing."

"That's really what you're going with?"

Annie shrugged, "I could write a book."

Alivia cocked her head to the side and narrowed her eyes, "you barely know how to read."

The blonde glared and grabbed her bag from the locker, ready to end her work shift.

Alivia zipped her jacket shut and followed her friend outside. "You and that brunette lady seemed to be in a heated discussion earlier."

Annie's pace quickened, wanting nothing more than to be in her car and away from this conversation. "I don't know what you're talking about."

Alivia ignored her and continued, "Come to think of it, this isn't the first time you've been squabbling."

Annie stopped by her car and turned to glare, "is there a point to this?"

"She looked so familiar to me, but I couldn't for the life of me think of why. Then it hit me." Alivia smiled sweetly, "she was part of the book club."

"So? A lot of women were." Annie shrugged, hoping it came off nonchalantly.

"True, but only one is blackmailing you." Alivia didn't wait for the blonde to speak, Annie had already given the truth away.

She made her way over to her car and slammed the door shut. Annie's face appeared in the window a moment later with eyes wide and brows furrowed, motioning for Alivia to roll down the window. "You can't tell him."

Alivia tilted her head back and sighed, "I have to."

"If you tell him, he will kill her!" Annie leaned forward, her features twisting from anger. "Her husband died, she's a single mom with three kids! Please, you can't tell him."

"We should've thought of that before involving her in this." Alivia exhaled loudly and started the car, turning to Annie one last time before driving off. "Whatever this idea of yours is, forget it. Don't be stupid."

( I'm sorry for the shitty update, my brain won't let me write no matter how much or hard I try

( I'm sorry for the shitty update, my brain won't let me write no matter how much or hard I try. This is all I managed to get out. :( thank you all for commenting, voting and adding, I really appreciate it and I'll keep trying to finish it <3 )