03

"Don't tell me this is home."

____________________________________________________

Alivia leaned against the front door and slid down onto the floor, trying to catch her breath. She grinned brightly at Levi, his tongue hanging out the side of his mouth from their jog in the forest.

"Okay, how 'bout you go drink water while I go take a quick shower? Deal?" She chuckled as he laid down on the cool wooden floor and sprawled his hind legs behind him. She forced herself up and headed for the bathroom. "That works too."

She stripped down and entered the shower, letting the hot water run down her back for the first few minutes, feeling her muscles relax from the warmth.

She shampooed and conditioned her hair quickly before rinsing and tending to the rest of her body.

She exited the shower a few minutes later and dried her hair slightly with a towel before leaving it to air dry.

After applying lotion, she changed into a fresh pair of underwear and an oversized t-shirt, throwing it over her head and letting it fall down to just above her knees.

She entered the living room a moment later. "You hungry, bebe?"

"Nah, I'm good." Her heart jumped in her chest as a soft hoarse voice echoed from the kitchen.

She rounded the corner slowly and came face to face with three men, all tattooed and all much larger than her.

Two of them stood behind the small kitchen island with their arms crossed while the one with a throat tattoo stood in front, leaning against it with a slight smirk.

A golden gun laying on the counter next to him.

She forced down the lump forming in her throat, tightened her face, and exhaled slowly in an attempt to seem unfazed by the scene. "Something I can help you with?"

"Mm, I hope so," he let out with a lopsided grin and pushed himself off the island, making his way over to her. "Why don't you call your lady friends over."

"What for?" She wondered, her voice wavering slightly, but her eyes never leaving his.

"So we can all have a little talk." He said simply and sat down on the armchair in front of her.

"About what?"

He licked his lips and grinned, "oh, about the money you stole from us."

Her jaw tightened slightly and she leaned down, picking her phone up from the coffee table.

Annie picked up on the third tone. "Hey, gir-"

"I'm gonna need you to come over, right now," she rushed into the phone while swiftly glancing towards the man she suspected to be the leader. His head tilted slightly to his side, the same flirtatious smirk on his face. "All of you."

She sat down on the sofa and placed her phone back on the table, suddenly very aware that she was in nothing but a t-shirt.

She pulled her dog closer to her when he jumped onto the couch next to her and laid his head down on her lap, her eyes still glued to the stranger.