14

"Will you take me as I am?"
____________________________________________________

Alivia waltzed into Beth's kitchen with her eyes glued to her phone, completely oblivious to her surroundings. "Hey, remember that map you had for Black Friday-"

She stopped dead in her tracks as she was faced with three men on the opposite side of the counter than her friends, "what's going on?"

"Nothing is going on," Annie began, her eyes focused on Rio. "I just want to take this moment to personally thank you for this opportunity. I promise you, we're going to iron this out and make you proud."

Alivia watched her in confusion as Beth jumped in, "Hold up, Annie!"

"Y'all asked for a piece of this," he asked, brow raised.

"Yes, we did, sir," Annie stated as she turned to look at her sister with narrowed eyes. "That is true."

"That was before the FBI dropped by," she responded in a higher voice than normal. "Aren't you worried about the FBI?"

"Nah," he said and softly shook his head. "They ain't got nothing."

"They've got a picture of you!" Beth's eyes had doubled in size.

"That ain't special, I'm on Facebook, too." Alivia couldn't help but roll her eyes. He let out a sigh again, "There's a distribution system and you've been distributed to."

"What does that even mean?" Beth almost groaned. Alivia slumped down on a random armchair in the corner, wishing it would swallow her whole. She bit the inside of her cheek in an attempt to calm herself down as she watched the scene unfold in front of her.

He sighed, "It means you're on the hook now."

"It's like, a hundred grand," Ruby added quietly.

"Oh, you don't gotta wash it," it was evident on his face that he was getting tired of the conversation.

"Then what do we do with it?" Beth questioned.

"Burn it, eat it, wipe your ass with it," he shrugged, getting ready to leave. "Then write me a check, 'cause, either way, I'm coming to collect."

"And when you do," Alivia finally spoke up, glaring at her friends. "We'll have it ready. Right?"

"Cool," he said and they watched the men turn around and leave.

Alivia sighed in annoyance as she walked over to her friends, "I cannot believe you called him, especially, after we agreed not to."

"You agreed," Beth spat out and Alivia simply looked at her.

After a few moments of silence, Annie cleared her throat, "you were saying something about a map?"