17

"Maybe we can fix each other."
____________________________________________________

Alivia didn't listen to a word from the other three women sitting in her kitchen.
Her eyes were glued to the couch and her mind was preoccupied with the events from the previous night.
She absentmindedly twirled a piece of hair around her index finger, barely feeling the hot cup of coffee in the other hand.

"Liv!" Annie exclaimed and clapped her hands in front of her friend's face causing her to blink rapidly.

When Alivia's vision refocused, she noticed just how close Annie was. Her brows furrowed as her head pushed back slightly. "Ever heard of personal space?"

Annie rolled her eyes and turned back to her sister. "She's just fine."

She took a sip from her coffee and raised a brow. "Why wouldn't I be?"

"Did you hear anything of what we just said?" Ruby wondered with both her eyebrows raised.

"No, sorry. I didn't get much sleep last night." She glanced at the three of them and cleared her throat. "What were we talking about?"

"What did he say about us cleaning more?" Beth questioned somewhat excitedly.

"Oh! Right, that. Uh, he agreed to it." She said nodding her head. Annie's expression turned into one of suspicion. Alivia tried her best to ignore the blonde as she continued, "We won't be getting any more time though, so, we need to figure something out."

Beth spoke after a moment of silence. "Okay, we just need some extra hands."

Alivia nodded, still avoiding Annie's eyes. "Yeah, but should we really be involving more people?"

"We've got a system that works, we'd just be doing it on a bigger scale."

"But what if they get caught?" Ruby added.

Beth shrugged. "They won't. We haven't."

"There's something going on with you." Annie interrupted, her index finger pointing at Alivia and her eyes narrowing.

Alivia sighed as she finally met her friend's eyes. "What are you on about?"

"Oh, you can play it off as much as you want, but I see right through you." Alivia rolled her eyes as Annie walked closer to her. "Come on, spit it out."

"You're fucking crazy, dude." She simply said and took another sip from her coffee.

Ruby suddenly gasped and leaned forward onto the kitchen island. Her voice came out as a whisper. "Is that a hickey?"

She could hear the others gasp and chuckle. Alivia's eyes widened for a second but she quickly brushed them off, pretending not to know what they were talking about. "No, there's definitely no hickey here."

Alivia grabbed her mug and turned around to place it in the sink. Annie's hand was quickly at her neck, pushing her hair aside. She let out a soft gasp again before laughing. "O. M. G. It totally is!"

Alivia slapped her hands away and groaned. "Please stop. Can we not talk about this?"

"Uh, no. We're definitely getting into this." Beth said grinning.

Annie grinned as well before blurting out, "So, who'd you bone?"

Alivia's expression contorted into one of disgust as the last word left Annie's mouth. She noticed both Beth and Ruby make the exact same face.

"Don't say bone," Beth told her sister but she simply shrugged.

"And no one, okay? Now, can we please focus on how we're going to clean 500 grand in the same amount of time?" Alivia let out a soft groan.

"Fine. I'll find out soon enough." Annie said with a smirk.

" Annie said with a smirk