Reese Bowman

Reese Annette Bowman was born 4th September 2016. Justin and Amy Bowman both worked and brought their 2 children, Sawyer and Reese, to Rocket Tiers Learning Centre in Baltimore, Maryland. The murder of Reese Bowman occurred on 23rd May, 2017. It was caught on camera and her brother Sawyer was upstairs at the time it occurred. 

When Leah Walden returned from lunch to Rocket Tiers Learning Centre, she found that Reese Bowman would not nap. Leah told a co-worker: "Girl, I'm frustrated... I'm sick of this little b***h. I hate this little b***h. ... She makes me want to punch her in the face." Leah slapped Reese in the crib, then pinned the infant down with one arm as Reese kicked out her legs in desperation. Leah subsequently put a number of blankets over the child's face and smothered her to death. Baltimore's Criminal Investigations Chief Stanley Bradford said: "Watching that video is disturbing. Reese Bowman, in my opinion, was tortured."

24 year old Leah Walden initially claimed that Reese's death was accidental but pleaded guilty to the first-degree murder at trial on 27th November, 2018, and was sentenced to 70 years imprisonment. Judge Althea Handy was brought to tears by the surveillance footage captured by the daycare's security cameras of Reese's murder. 

In his victim impact statement, Justin Bowman stated that "Reese Annette Bowman accomplished more in her short life than this woman ever will."

Rocket Tiers Learning Centre closed permanently as a result of the murder. Reese's parents quit their jobs and left Baltimore after their child was murdered. Justin Bowman stated in the trial that he is reduced to tears whenever he sees another father holding a young daughter.