Maddy Scott

Maddy Scott was born to Eldon and Dawn Scott on 29th April, 1991; she is the younger sibling of Ben and the older sibling of Georgia. She enjoyed dirt biking, figure skating, horseback riding, team sports and hanging out with her friends. Maddy worked as an apprentice heavy duty mechanic with her father at MBG Logging. She was described by her brother as someone who was as comfortable in a dress as she was in work coveralls.

Maddy is described as having a vivacious, fun-loving, playful, social personality and would often do things on the spur of the moment. She would often break off engagements if she felt there was something more fun. For example, she broke off an engagement with her cousin, Cora Kelly, with a day's notice to go to the party at Hogsback Lake instead. Still, it is considered completely out of personality for her to be out of touch with family and friends for long. Maddy loved to have nice things too; expensive motorbike gear was left at her campsite and she recently upgraded her iPhone before she went missing. She is also described as having a caring and affectionate personality, described by her friend Chelsea Little as "willing to give the shirt off her back" for someone in need. Maddy also enjoyed performing with and for her friends in fun short amateur video productions. She was described as someone who would bring it all together. It was also reported that she focused more on social endeavours at school and though she managed the academic side of school, she wasn't too interested in academics.

Maddy was single at the time of her disappearance. She was on a couple of dating sites at the time. There was a guy who she was interested in for some time who was at the party on Friday night for a bit; he told her that "he just wanted to be friends". According to her father, she was a bit upset but nothing drastic. It is not known whether there was any further investigation into the guy who Maddy was interested in. There was another boy who was interested in her, but according to Dawn Scott "she wasn't interested in him". According to her, he got a bit huffy in private according to only a couple of people, not a public display, and "has been put through the wringer". According to Dawn, his daughter's cell phone records indicated that she had an incoming call at 12:30 am on 28th May 2011, the night of the party, "from a young guy who we know."

At the time of her disappearance, Maddy was a 20 year old Caucasian female of 160-180 lbs, standing five foot four, with green eyes, and a natural ginger hair color. She has numerous ear piercings and a nose piercing. At the time of her disappearance, she recently got a tattoo of a bird meant to represent a falcon on her inside left wrist.

Maddy went to Hogsback Lake in her white 1990 Ford F150 pickup truck with Jordi Bolduc. There were a number of items which Maddy took with her to the lake that remained on, in or around the vehicle after her disappearance. Many of these items were of value. Items found around the truck after her disappearance included a two-person dual-toned blue tent, sleeping bags, toiletries and costume jewelry. Items in the open bed of the truck after her disappearance included a hatchet, a cooler with wine and beer, a gas can with some gasoline and motorbike boots. Items found within her truck, which was locked, included some clothes, her purse and an expensive camera.

Numerous items were known to be missing at the time of her disappearance. These items include the clothes that she was wearing, an iPhone 4 with a robin's egg blue case and a large cluster of keys (with Ford key) on a Gothic-style lanyard.

Other than Jordi Bolduc, Maddy was friends with few others at the party. Spending most of her life in Vanderhoof, Maddy attended Nechako Valley Secondary School, where she met Jordi in 2007. She was new to the school; she and Maddy became friends soon after she arrived, though this friendship dwindled by the time they had graduated in 2009. The party was a birthday party thrown as a yearly event by a man who was present at Hogsback. The party was advertised by a Facebook event. It was reported that there were around 50 people who attended the party.