Jill-Lyn Euto

Jill-Lyn Euto was born 20th March 1982 in Syracuse, New York.

Jill-Lyn had made plans to watch the Super Bowl with her mother and sister on 28th January, 2001. When Jill-Lyn did not show up, her mother, Joanne Browning, called her phone and received no answer. On 29th January, Joanne called Jill-Lyn's work and was told she had not shown up for a scheduled shift.

With her fear for her daughter heightened, Joanne went to Jill-Lyn's 6th floor apartment at 600 James Street in Syracuse, New York. Joanne found Jill-Lyn's body and informed the police. 

Investigators have stated that the murder occurred between noon and 3pm on 28th January. No locks were broken and no money was taken. Based on eyewitness reports, whoever killed her did not come into the building with her. The murder weapon was one of Jill-Lyn's own kitchen knives. She had been stabbed to death. 

To date, police have not publicly identified any suspects. Following the murder, Joanne Browning appeared on national television on shows such as The Sally Jessy Raphael Show, The Montel Williams Show, and the case has been profiled on America's Most Wanted

In 2006, Joanne Browning filed a lawsuit against the property owner of the apartment. The complaint alleged that the property owners failed to "take minimal precautions to protect decedent from foreseeable harm from the criminal conduct of a third party." The case was dismissed due to lack of proof of negligence on behalf of the property owner. 

An annual candlelight vigil for Jill-Lyn took place from 2001 to 2007 to remember Jill-Lyn and raise awareness.