Kiplyn Davis

Kiplyn Davis was born 1st July 1979 in Provo, Utah. Kiplyn was last seen at Spanish Fork High School in Spanish Fork, Utah 2nd May 1995. That morning she had had a fight with both of her parents then attended her early driver's education class, her morning classes and was seen at lunchtime in the school's cafeteria with her friends and classmates. She did not show up for her fourth and fifth period classes. However, one close friend said he spoke with her between fourth and fifth period but later changed his story. All of her personal belongings, including her purse, makeup, dental retainer and schoolbooks, were left in her locker at school and she never returned home for the day. It has been testified that she told friends that she would not be attending activities planned that evening, and in fact, had mentioned it would be better if she ran away. She was reported missing when she failed to arrive home at 17:00 when she was always home by 15:30. 

After months passed without Kiplyn's return or any clues as to her whereabouts, police began to suspect foul play in her disappearance. Although she had a fight with her parents the day of her disappearance and mentioned running away, her family believes she was murdered. After her disappearance there were rumours that her body was buried in a local canyon, a train tunnel, under a building, and various other locations, but her remains were never found. 4 years after her disappearance, her family held a memorial service for Kiplyn and put up a marker in her name at the Spanish Fork City Cemetery. 

In 2003, U.S. Attorney Paul Warner revived the probe into Kiplyn's death. Timmy Brent Olsen and Christopher Neal Jeppson had been charged with her murder. 

On 6th May, 2009 the Utah State prosecutors dropped the murder charges against Christopher Neal Jeppson. In court he pled no contest to obstruction related charges and ultimately signed an affidavit that he does not know the circumstances or cause of Kiplyn Davis's disappearance. 

Rucker Leifson pleaded not guilty to one count of lying to a grand jury and was sentenced to 4 years in prison. Gary Blackmore and Scott Brunson had also been found guilty of lying to a grand jury. Their sentences hinge upon their testimony against Timmy. 

On 1st June, 2009, news of a decision by the judge on a motion to dismiss the murder charge against Timmy was announced. The judge decided to defer any ruling on the motion in the case, stating he had not heard all the evidence from the prosecutors. An evidentiary hearing to establish whether there is evidence of death is still possible. 

On 11th February, 2011, Timmy Brent Olsen pleaded guilty to manslaughter and was sentenced to 15 years in prison. He claimed he saw another individual hit Kiplyn in the head with a rock and helped him move her body, but declined to name the other individual. Although he admitted that he helped move and bury the body, he refuses to tell authorities where the body is located. Timmy and Rucker had come under suspicion after claiming they left school with Kiplyn on the day she disappeared.