II

computing dragged on longer than it should've, but when the dull lesson finally was over, everyone rushed out of class and towards their next class, which in georges case was Art.

he enjoyed art even though none of his friends took it, plus he was quite good at it and the teacher was pleasant to be around.

once again, he was early to his class and made small talk with the teacher about what they were doing today.

after a while if persuading her to tell him, he found out they were painting landscapes. george was more into abstract art, but this would do.

soon more people began flooding into the room. the only bad thing about this lesson was that there was a ton of the jocks who took it. they were only there because they didn't want to do any of the more strenuous classes.

"class quiet please," the art teacher ushered, before informing the rest of the class on what they were doing.

once she'd finished talking, the brunette leaned forward so he could get some oil paints from the middle of the table.

just as his hand placed upon it, so did someone else's, slightly annoyed, the boy glanced up to see who it was.

clay.

even the sight of his face irritated him. as soon as he saw him, he retrieved his hand. the blonde scowled at his action but picked up another one not too far away.

george rolled his eyes before opening the pallet and placing it before him. just as he was about to start painting, he was interrupted by a voice in the doorway asking, "may i borrow george davidson and clay dream?". what a shitty last name.

the brunette shrugged before getting up from his seat and walking towards the door with the other boy who's name had been called along with his own.

"hello boys," the principal grinned. strange.

"uh hi," george said, an obvious hint of uncertainty in his voice.

"you're both probably wondering why i've brought you two out of class," the man smiled.

"yeah wh-," clay began but was cut off by the principal saying, "i've brought you here to discuss some of your recent actions,".

"and what does that have to do with me?" the brunette spat, moving away from the blonde slightly.

"well you see george, your a good kid, good grades, good friend group, just overall a good kid, and clay on the other hand.. not so much," the older man spoke, eyeing up clay uncertainly.

"you know i'm right here?" clay retorted, annoyed with how he was talking about him as if he wasn't.

"still what does this have to do with me?" the shortest boy questioned awkwardly.

"i want you both to become friends, clay this is your chance to get your grades up and be around better people! go with george and his friends after you've ate, i'm sure they will love having you there," the  principal demanded.

the brunette scoffed before beginning to walk back to class. why were clays actions causing an impact on him aswell? this had nothing to do with him.

the older boys thoughts were interrupted by an uncourteous clay nudging into his shoulder harshly as he walked past without saying a word.

he sighed, attempting to hold back his anger, before proceeding to follow him back into the art room.

once inside, he sat back down at his seat and started painting, even though there wasn't much of the class left.

when the end of the class arrived, george gathered his stuff and hastily left the room. once in the hallways, he rushed towards the lunch room and to the table his friend group always sat at.

soon after he was seated, his friends began also showing up one by one. adrian was the last to show up because of his lesson being the furthest away.

after they were all there, george began explaining to them about the situation with clay.

nick groaned and let his head fall into his arms, obviously annoyed at what he'd been told.

"we really need this practice aswell," harvey frowned as he began rubbing his forehead.

"is he joining then band?" adrian muttered under his breath.

the others were taken back at first seeing as he hardly ever spoke in sentences.

"of course not," george reassured the boy with a small smile.

"good," adrian whispered.

once they'd finished eating, they decided it would be best if they took clay with them, since they would prefer not to get a detention.

cautiously, the brunette walked towards the blondes table and questioned with a small scowl, "clay, you remember what the principal said? right?".

"yeah i ain't coming," the blonde spat, not even bothering to turn around.

"have fun in detention," george retorted before turning around.

"sounds better than being around you," clay shouted to the brunette as he walked away.

rolling his eyes, george half smiled and said, "he won't come,".

the groups tense facial expressions relaxed immediately and they began making their way to the recording studio.
___________________________________