XI

______________

george awoke the next morning in a rather good mood, well better than usual. to make it better he was performing at a party tonight which he had almost forgotten about.

although he was slightly nervous about it, the excitement overshadowed it.

the boy sighed, before dragging himself from his bed and towards his wardrobe. it was colder than usual today, so he put on some sweats and a hoodie.

after he had put on the clothes, he slid some shoes on before grabbing his guitar and bag and walking down stairs and then straight out the house. he would've greeted his dad, but he only had a few minutes to get to the bus stop.

after what seemed like an eternity of walking, he reached the bus stop, still tired from his recent slumber.

reluctantly, the brunette clambered onto the bus and gave the driver a few coins, before beginning his embarrassing journey to the back of the bus.

the whole time he was walking, he could sense the feeling of a certain person looking at him. it was hard to endure, but finally he reached his seat, and practically collapsed into it.

_________

"hey," george groaned as he collapsed onto the bench beside his usual lunch table that the rest of his friends were sat on.

the rest of the group greeted him back in reply, preoccupied with eating the food before them.

once again, the boy could feel someone's eyes burning into the back of his head, causing goosebumps to appear on the back of his neck and his arms.

the brunette was pulled from his thoughts because of harvey speaking up and questioning, "let's head to the recording studio?".

the rest of the boys agreed and they began making their way towards their destination. not even a minute into their walk, yet another person joined them.

"hey," clay muttered as he synced his faster walking pace with the others.

"hello," george smiled, while the rest of the group stayed silent.

"why so awkward?" the blonde grinned, instantly gaining back his normal confident demeanour.

the other boys hummed in response, instead of saying anything.

after the insanely tense walk was over, they arrived at the recording by studio and clay took a seat while the others picked up their instruments, or in adrians case sat behind it.

sapnap talked to them for a while about some final improvements, before allowing the boys infront of him to start playing.

george sighed before doing so.

he was getting kind of tired of playing the same song over and over every lunch, but he had to deal with it if he ever wanted to get somewhere with his passion for music.

once the song ended, nick looked just as happy as the other three and congratulated the boys by hugging each of them. even clay seemed to look somewhat proud of them, well george a bit more than the others.

the brunette couldn't help but smile and become rather flustered because of the sudden attention he was getting.

"awww are you blushing?" sapnap teased in a loud voice, trying to embarrass the boy.

"i think he iss," clay chuckled which earned everyone else to also laugh.

george smiled to himself before taking a seat by the rest who had already sat down themselves. for the rest of lunch, the group just talked, mostly it was just them attempting to get to know clay better, who even now seemed secretive.

by the end of this lunch, everyone seemed to be getting along a lot better, who would've thought.

____________________________________