VIII

_______________

before getting on the bus, the brunette smiled at harvey, who was on the opposite side of the carpark, psyching himself up to drive his dads car back home.

nothing much happened on the ride home, seeing as everyone was tired from the day, as usual.

once he'd got back, he dumped his bag onto the floor beside his room and instantly collapsed onto his bed. george didn't really feel like dealing with his dad being distant and ignorant towards him, so he decided to not greet him.

his clothes were getting rather uncomfortable, so he changed into some sweatpants and a tee, once he'd done that, he made his way over to his record player and put some music on.

slowly, he walked back over towards his bed whilst slightly dancing to the music.

after a few hours of just listening to music and catching up on some homework and assignments, the boy decided to try and get some rest, seeing as it was getting quite late.

he fell asleep with a certain person lingering in the back of his mind.

_____

the second the boy woke up, he groaned at the fact he had to face yet another day. it took all of his will not to go back to sleep right then.

at least tomorrow was the day he was going to perform at the party. that fact slightly brightened up his mood, but not much.

the brunette rolled from his bed and walked over to his closet. he had already decided that today was going to be a bad day having quite a bad day, so he didn't really bother picking out the most stylish outfit.

he pulled out a pair of far too oversized jeans and a graphic hoodie, pairing it with a pair of worn sneakers. he pretty much threw the outfit on, and walked over to his bathroom, leaving his old clothes in a pile on the floor.

he brushed his teeth, and splashed his face with waiter, before re-entering his messy room. he spared himself a single look in his mirror, then walked out of his room, down the stairs and towards the kitchen.

"hi," george mumbled as he approached his dad sat at the dining table.

"goodmorning," the man mumbled, pushing a plate of toast towards his son, which he gladly accepted.

"thanks," the brunette smiled, taking a few slices, before walking out of the room, not wanting to be late again.

________

the first half of his school day was fairly normal, other than the fact he had a detention from the english teacher because he hadn't attended class the day before.

seeing as george and his friends all caught the bus, the teacher surprisingly agreed to let them do the detention at lunch instead.

once they had ate, they made their way towards the
english room, it was mostly desolate other than the teacher and a student sat at the back. as the group closer to the back of the room, they realised the student actually was.

clay.

well it wasn't that surprising he was there, most lunches he had a detention or sometimes after school.

the boys rolled their eyes before taking a seat infront of a grinning blonde.

"i'll be back in an hour," the teacher informed them in a disciplinary tone, before leaving the room.

everyone now left inside the room let out a sigh of relief and relaxed into their chairs a bit more.

not even seconds after they were alone, clay leant over his table and snickered, "so he ended up actually giving you a detention?".

"yep, why are you here?" george answered,, which ending him being given confused looks from his friends, who didn't understand why he was interacting with him.

"skipping,".

after a moment of silence, the blonde spoke again, "so what, are we just going to sit here?".

"well yeah that's what we were planning on doing, you have any suggestions?" harvey retorted with a sarcastic tone as he turned to glare at the boy.

clay tutted before rolling his eyes and leaning back into his chair.

"what do we have after this?" george asked, breaking the tension in the air.

"art," clay grinned, before harvey had the chance to answer his friends question.

"thanks," the brunette muttered in reply, before reaching down to his bag and pulling a book out.

less than ten minutes after he'd started reading, nick inquired, "what ya readin'?".

"the bell jar," george huffed, not taking his eyes off of his book.

even though the ravenette had never heard of it he replied, "cool,", before returning to scribbling on the desk he was sat at.

the rest of the lunch was tedious, full of constant arguing whilst the brunette just tried to shut their voices out.

just as they were leaving, george felt a firm grip on his arm and instantly turned around to see a less confident than usual clay muttering, "can I talk to you outside?".

"um yeah," george hummed, shoving his belongings into his bag as he watched everyone else walk outside.

____________________________________