| 33 |

The time passed hastily, a smile on the boys faces staying evident throughout the entire day. Laughter and chatter filled the air as more people gathered around a certain area in the theme park to watch the firework display which happened on certain nights.

Clouds could be seen in the distance, covering up some of the dark sky above. George settled in a space which was less crowded than the others, although it didn't take long for him to be yanked back by clay.

"where are we going," the boy chortled, hurrying his pace so he was beside the other.

"you'll see," he smirked in response, turning directions suddenly.

After a few minutes of walking, the two ended up stood at the foot of a rather bodacious Ferris wheel. Dragging his companion forwards further, clay got into the queue, which was practically desolate, meaning they were at the front within a mere minute.

The worker looked annoyed at them seeing as he was obviously expecting to have a break while everyone was watching the display, but he still let them on
there.

Almost collapsing onto the padded seat, the two watched in excitement as they slowly began to move upwards. Glancing towards each other almost simultaneously, the two couldn't help but stare at each other. They didn't have any shame in doing so anymore, it was nice.

They just sat there in silence, admiring each-other as
the world around them seemed to move at a slower pace then usual. Their eyes glanced over one another, every curve of their shoulders and jaw, every beauty mark or freckle.

Finally, the blonde looked away bashfully, his hand intertwining with the one of his partner as he did so. Their hands fit together perfectly, slotting into place almost immediately.

As the ride progressed, the two began to move closer to one another. By the time they were at the top of the Ferris wheel, George's head was placed on the other males shoulder, his spare arm slung around his back. Clay had his head atop of the brunettes, gaze down as he fiddled with the others slender fingers.

The ride screeched to a halt, which forced a bemused look to appear on their faces. Fixing their posture, the two glanced around frantically, unsure of why that had suddenly stopped.

After a few moments the blaring noise of fireworks making their way up into the darkened sky broke the silence. There was a clamorous noise, which followed with hundreds of engaging colours painting the plain sky.

Mouths agape and eyes wide, the two leaned forwards in excitement. More followed after that, random yet enchanting bursts appearing all over. People below cheered at the sight, trying to closer so they could get a better view.

Minutes passed and the two just sat there, admiring the display happening before them. George was the first to turn to look at the other boy on the ride, watching as the fireworks illuminated his features. Without warning, the blonde turned also, his gaze instantly making contact with the brunettes deep brown ones.

Attempting not to crack a smile from utter embarrassment, George leant forwards slowly, his companion soon copying his actions. Although it wasn't their first kiss, it felt more special than the others in a way. Maybe it was just the setting they were in. Or maybe it was because of how rushed it was before.

Grinning into the kiss, the two finally parted.

___________

AYOOO EXTRA SHORT CHAPTER
forgive me, love yall❤️‍🩹