Tonight pt2

Quick A/N: I'm gonna write a pt3 to The last straw but it's not gonna be titled that so don't be confused but the next update and this is just something I thought of from the picture in the multi media.

It was originally supposed to be written out long ago but I didn't have any inspiration for it and I never really knew where I was going with it. It was originally gonna be a glimpse of the begging of their relationship but I felt like that was too cliché so it was never written. Anyway. Lemme leave you guys to your reading and tell me what you think❤️

Recommended Listening: All Bad by Nas featuring Andersen Paak

Walking into my studio, I sat down by all the equipment and pulled out a beat HitBoy had recently sent me.

Looking back at the couch, the memories it held came flying back into my head. Like the time I was working on my previous album The Lost Tapes 2....

Flashback

"Babe, I brought you some food" y/n said kissing my cheek before pulping herself down onto the couch. "Thanks, I haven't eaten all day, he'll non of us have" I chuckled with my producer.

"Nah that ain't right I'm bout to order all y'all some food and you're gonna take a break and eat" "I know you paid for this time, but how can you work on creating something amazing without anything in you're stomach" she said before pulling out her phone.

Everyone looked at her before they all shrugged, we were all used to her parenting ways by now. It came with having her here.

I sat down next to her with my notebook in hand and she placed her sneaker covered feet in my lap, her face was free of any makeup and her braids were pulled into a messy bun.

"You goin stop putting your dirty ass feet in my lap" I said and she glared at me, "ohh so now my feet are dirty, they weren't last-" "babe you know I'm joking. I love your feet" I smiled and she rolled her eyes, "yeah right, anyway you sleeping over here tonight?" She asked and I shrugged. "Ion know honestly, probably."

"That's okay. I'll probably join you" she said and I frowned "what?" "I'm gonna join you tonight, I hate sleeping in that big ass bed without and I've got to make sure y'all be eating" she said and I raised foot to kiss her sweats covered ankle. "You don't have to do that but thank you, and I'll be back home soon I promise."

She leaned up to kiss my lips before pulling out her MacBook from her Christian Dior Blue monogram tote bag, "how's work going?" I asked as I watched her curiously. "It's going, it's nothing but piles and piles of reports that I have to go through before I can go and check out the actual build onsite" she spoke while showing me her latest interior design project.

"Isn't that Liyah's job, isn't she your assistant?" I asked she looked up, "yeah she is but she's already got so much work on her plate with trying to file through my work and read on other projects for me" she said and I felt bad.

"You're out here tryna make sure I'm sure good but you forget about yourself y/n. I need you to also function" I said and there was a knock on the door. "Come in!" Nipsey yelled and we both chuckled. The food delivery guy walked in "umm food delivery for y/n Jones?" He asks dns he raised her hand.

"Thanks, just put it on the table" she said before pulling her feet back and standing up. I stoped her from grabbing her wallet and gave her my card "Nasir I'm paying." She said and I rolled my eyes "is like to see you try." I responded.

She toke my card and went to pay for the food while mumbling something under her breathe, "yo Nas, y/n called you a Lil bitch!" Nipsey yelled at me and I cackled, "for snitching I'm telling Lauren about you neglecting your hunger" she spat back and he smacked his teeth. "Damn Lil sis it's like that now?" He asked playfully. "I guess since you out here snitchin on my ass" she said handing him the box of pizza and a can of coke.

She walked back with my warmed up food and handed it to me while enjoying hers, "thanks for looking out for a nigga" I smiled and she blushed, "don't worry bout it."

We all ate in peaceful silence and I watched y/n multitask between eating and looking through floor plans of an apartment she's working on in brooklyn.

We all eventually went back to work and I went back to my eat next to the producer. He played a new beat we've been fucking around with and I started free styling while my write Christian wrote down everything I was saying.

(Implying he has a writer, I don't mean he doesn't write his own raps. I mean he has someone who writes down what she's saying so he doesn't get caught up in the process of writing and thinking at the same time)

We managed to get 2 songs written down and looked through. Through all this work, I noticed y/n get up and pick up the empty food containers. "Where you going?" I asked and she looked back at me "ohh I'm going home to shower and change, the weather is changing and this little cardigan isn't offering that much protection. I'll be back with your toiletries through" she picked up everything she need before grabbing the door handle.

"Anything I could get you from the house or at least out of here?" She said looking around at everyone. They all shook their head and I shrugged "Nah we all good. Drive safely and text me when you've arrived" I stated and she giggled, "I will even though I'll be coming back but anyway.

End of flashback

I pulled out the notebook I always kept in the drawer and started writing out some lyrics.

Time passes by, I'm asking, "Why?"
You match my fly, no cap, no lie
Trophy, arm candy, but I'm better without it
It's a dub, my love, but I gotta reroute it
It's a lottery, it's loaded, hope I can see all the motives
Before she make a fool out of me, I should know 'cause I'm older
Wasn't meant for me, fuck it, we ain't agree on no subject
We look good together when we was out in the public
You used to brighten my day, had me hype as a kid
First, good morning, good night, now she leave me on read
I'm disappointed, it's different chicks who want it
Can't lie, for a minute, I was sick to my stomach

Getting into my element, I thought back into my relationship with y/n and started using that as inspiration.

Yeah, since Guess was spotted on my denim pockets
And my wave grease would amaze geeks and freeze fly chicks
Where they stood, I never lost the steps, stay splashin'
Not one of these just got money, not knowin' how to act
New to these bad ones, I was on fly chicks since junior high
Beautiful fly girls caught my eye
Takin' down some of the girls Drake and Future took down
But I got no time for juveniles throwing tantrums
Texting me that they hate my one-word answers
Here's two, call me, this is you stalling
Guess you through, you ignore me, days go by
Missing you be the worst, play the game, who gon' hit who first
Checking my Yachtmaster, Pac blaster
Wonder why they call you bitch, empty shot glasses
Scrolling back on the thread, the nice things you once said
Look at us now, it's all bad

Frustrated with how things were ending, I pulled out my phone and texted my soon to be ex-wife.

Nasir:
Can you pull up? I need to talk to you rq if you don't mind?

Y/n:
Yeah, sure I don't mind. Where are you?

Nasir:
The studio I wrote my last album at.

Y/n:
On my way.