The Last Straw Pt3 *Quincy Jones*

Walking back to my apartment building, I walked to my landlords office and he looked up at me confused, "is there a problem Ms Y/l/n?" He asked and I shook my head.

"Ohh no I just came to cancel my lease" I said and he raised an eyebrow at me, "may I ask why?" "I can't stay there anymore, too many terrible memories are reflected upon those walls and I'm trying to move on with my life" I said and he nodded.

"Well I understand your reasoning but you do know that there will be a fee." He stated and I nodded my head. "Yes,  I know it was stated very clearly on the lease form. You will have your money by Monday and I will be out of your hair by Next week" I said.

He hummed an "okay" and I toke that as my opportunity to leave.

Walking back into my apartment, the scenery was just the same as it was when I was found by the police. Tables turned and furniture a mess.

I stepped through everything and walked into my bedroom closet. Pulling out all of my suitcases, I packed all my clothing into the big one.

Managing to zip up the bag containing my shoes, I moved onto my bathroom where I packed up every single item in the cabinets and in the showers, packing it with my accessories into my tiniest suitcase, I had managed to fill 4 suitcases so far.

Ripped off the bedding on my bed. I picked it up the pieces and threw them in a garbage bag.

Allowing myself to rest, I finally turned on my phone and watched as million of messages came in from everyone who cared.

Browsing through all of the concerned contacts, I finally found the one name who I knew had my back through it all, Quincy.

I watched as my phone rang thrice before he finally picked up the call. "Hello?" He groaned sleepily. "I'm sorry for waking you, I call you back after a while." I spoke timidly.

"Nah you cool baby girl, what's wrong through?" He spoke while sounding like he was shifting in the background.

"I just wanted to know if I can come over tonight. I don't wanna stay at my place any longer and you know, maybe we can talk?" I asked while nervously rubbing my feet together.

"Sure we can meet at the coffee place you love to eat at, I changed my location so I'll show where I live from there" he spoke clearly, I nodded my head as if he could see me.

"Yeah I'll be there in 10. Thank you Q, I love you" you spoke getting up from your couch.

I pulled out some black sweats and a black Aaliyah shirt with some black low forces from my suitcase before grabbing my handbag and heading back into the elevator.

Whilst in the, I called an Uber to come and pick me up before walking out and waiting for it outside.

Walking into the establishment, I chose a booth in the far back and read over the menu in front of me.

Feeling a presence in front of me, I looked up to find Keith standing in front of me, "umm may I help you?" I asked unsure of why he even came up to me.

"Well, I saw you enter the cafe and thought about how long it has been since we talked y'know." He said and I raised a suspicious eyebrow. "We've already talked quite enough for my liking." I snapped and he sighed.

"See that's the problem with you, a person tried to have an adult conversation with you and you end up closing up or leaving" he said and I laughed, "nope, we're don't going to do this. I've had enough with your reign of terror over my life. This consistent manipulation and verbal abuse is coming to an end. I don't know who told you you had the right to talk to me but they lied. Go back to your life and pretend I'm not even here like you have for the past 7 months. Jeez fucking Louis move on" I said placing my attention back onto the menu.

It was rudely snatched out of my hands and I looked up in shock. Before Keith could even utter a word, Quincy grabbed his arm pinning it behind his back. "I don't ever want to see you talking to her again or you'll never see the light of day again you here me?!" He growled and Keith flinched, "yeah mahn Aight, heard you" he replied before he was pushed away from our booth.

"I'm sorry for all dat, lemme get you another menu" he said and I shook my head. "Nah it's okay we can just share, plus I already know what I want" I smiled and he nodded sliding in next to me.

"I haven't seen you in so long, argh I missed you" he said hugging the body.

I let my body relax against his and breathed in his scent, in some weird way he always knew how to calm me down.

"You look good Q, I see LA been doing you right" I cheesed and he blushed. "I mean you know, I got to keep myself looking good" he said cockly popping his imaginary collar.

I rolled my eyes at his antics but the smile on my face wouldn't disappear. "I'm just living a lavish life, it's nothing personal" he said and I cackled. "Nigga you really are feeling yourself huh?" He looked over at me before dusting off his shoulders.

"Oh my god stahp" I said and he rubbed his hands together while hitting a pose and I almost fell out of my chair. "I swear I can't you no where always acting out" he said playfully rolling his eyes at me.

"But I see you, tryna match my fly" he said and I looked down at my basic outfit "aye I just stepped out of the house. I ain't stunting on nobody like you are" I replied and he rolled his eyes. "Mhmm, I bet it toke you a whole 2 days just to come up with that fit" he said and I rolled my eyes.

"Don't tryna be lying on my fashion sense" I replied and before he could reply the waiter came up us with a notebook out.

"Hey guys welcome to Santonio's can I get you anything?" He asked and I picked up our menu, "I'll have 4 soft M&M cookies and a large blueberry cheesecake flavoured milkshake" I spoke and Quincy frowned at me, "I can't believe you still like that shit but anyway, I'll have the Chocolate chip cookie flavoured milkshake with 6 extra large snickerdoodles" he spoke and I laughed.

The waiter wrote down our orders before walking away into the back of the cafe. Quincy and I when back into joking around together until our food came back and we toke our bags and headed to the car.

Quincy and I drove back to his condo and he parked the car. As I was about to get out, he pulled my hand back and closed the door.

"Quincy what are you doing?" I asked and he sighed, "y/n you don't understand how bad I've missed you. All that you went through with ol'boy had me hot!" He said and I sighed "I'm sorry-"

"Nah don't apologise, you didn't deserve the way he treated even before you tried to end it all, you are a smart and beautiful girl. look what I'm trying to say is that. I've never felt that way about someone before. And this goes beyond our friendship but I just want you to know that I really care about you okay? What ever you need just know I'm here"

He looked back at me and I bowed my head taking all off his words in, he ran his hand down his face and I turned to finally look into his eyes.

I leaned over the arm rest and closed my eyes, letting my lips meet his. He pulled back rather quickly and I turned away embarrassed.

"You know what, I'm gonna go. Thanks for the night" I couldn't even look into his eyes before I opened the car door and hurried my way to the complex gate and calling an Uber. "How could I be so stupid!"

Okay I'm not gonna front, sometimes when I be writing my stories I be wanting to know what's gonna happen next like I'm not the author😂. But anyway this is something that I had written off from the top off my head and I thought it would go well with the plot or 'The Last Straw' sorry for the quick character change but I felt like I was dragging the Keith and Y/n part🤷🏽‍♀️.

P.S this whole thing wasn't edited. I'm sorry for any of the mistakes above.

Tell me what you guys think❤️