Chapter 78: What Goes Around, Comes Around

"Jiae. Here." Jisoo passed the assault rifle magazine.

"Thanks. Mijoo. Check the spool of the minigun. And load a few boxes more." Jiae instructed her, fixing the holographic sight on her rifle.

Lovelyz members are busy preparing for war. Thanks to Kei and Yein's intel, they finally found the monster that killed Mijoo's and Soul's brother. They halted all actions against Mamamoo, CLC, Idle, and Dreamcatcher altogether, focusing their efforts on finding the target.

Alexandra Christine Schneiderman. Also known as Alexa. Her file is locked tight, requiring Minister of Welfare and President themselves to unlock. This should be the biggest flag that this Alexa is someone one should not be messing with. But, Lovelyz is a titan on its own, and with Jin's pull in the political world, Alexa's file is presented on a silver platter.

Turns out Alexa is a Yaralian, the daughter of the previous prime minister of Yaral. Not only that, she is the direct descendant of Yaral's king that once invaded Korea before. Her family ties itself is enough of an answer of why her file is locked with multiple securities by the Korean government.

At 13, she migrated into Korea assuming the name of Alex Christine. Her teenager's life was filled with colours of crimes and misdemeanors. The peak of her criminal career was assaulting SKE Vocational, killing seven students and sending 43 others permanently into bed. There was no more entry on Alexa's diary after that.

On the surface.

On paper, it was stated that Alexa is being held up in a correctional centre until the age of 21. But one should not trust what is written blindly. On the other side of the paper, Alexa is working as a ghost operative for Yaral and Korean governments, working on clandestine ops for the benefits of both countries. The last remark made in the profile stated that Alexa turned rogue, stamped with red stamp across her picture spelled 'Extremely Dangerous, Kill On Sight'.

And now, Alexa is hunted from all four corners. And somehow, she successfully eluded them all. To make thing more interesting, Alexa has some friends now. Ryujin. All they have is a picture and a name. Nothing more. Truly a ghost. Fitting inside the circle of Alexa. And Ryujin has friends; four of them. How did Lovelyz found out? Because the first appearance of Ryujin was inside the territory of Lovelyz itself; northern region of Korea.

They were seen capturing personnels from a police station in Chagang. And after that they were never seen again until Ryujin decided to make her grand appearance at Yoojin's Police Department, laying waste on everyone inside the precinct. And killed one.

Considering the nature of Alexa and her friends, Lovelyz cannot help but smiling wide. Why? Because the authority will not give a slightest damn if blood is spilled on the street. There will not be any heat from any direction, and it will be a fiesta. This will be the war of the shadows.

"Alright, bitches! Let's go!" Soul shouted her order, one by one Lovelyz members getting into the assigned vehicles.

"Let's hunt us some ghosts, shall we?" Soul speaks into her comm, lighting her cigar before slamming her foot on the gas pedal.

The women split into two groups of two, with Soul going solo. Yein and Kei were instructed to monitor the area as overwatch. Thanks to Jisoo and Jin's military training, the movement of the women are those of elite combatants, emphasizing stealth and using the shadows to move forward. This is the sole reason how Lovelyz managed to conquer the northern region of Korea successfully. They are not just some cheap syndicate and thugs, they are mercenaries cloaked with the gangster's outfit.

"Jin, Mijoo, go left. Soul, take point. Jiae, you're with me. We're circling to the back of the warehouse." Jisoo spread the order.

In haste, they positioned themselves. Once ready, Jisoo drops the key, commencing the mission. Soul kicked down the door, throwing ninebangers inside. As the ninth bang released, everyone rushes in, watching their line of sights for crossfire.