Chapter 22: Negotiation

The Quattroporte GTS automatically unlocked itself as its owner reaches the effective range of the unlocking mechanism. Elkie immediately pushed the button on her car remote, igniting the Italian beast to life.

"So where do we start?" Sorn put on her safety belt as the car slowly exiting the hospital compound. As soon as she exits the corner, Elkie immediately slammed on the gas, utilizing the full monstrosity of the V8.

"Sahil Street. There's an underground fighting ring over there."

"Underground fighting ring?"

"Yes. I heard through the grapevine that Yeeun frequented that ring."

"Frequented?! Is Yeeun involved in illegal fighting?!" Sorn gasped at the fact. Elkie responded with a nod, acknowledging the truth. Sorn groaned in exasperation, disappointed with Yeeun's stupidity.

"Why the fuck did she do that?! Is she that pressing for money?! She could just simply ask from us! We would definitely give it to her!" She slapped her forehead, grimacing at the rashness behaviour of her friend.

"You know how Yeeun is. She is a proud girl. Like hell she would take our charities to solve her own problems. But I think there is something else going on with Yeeun. Something sinister."

"What?"

"From the first time we met, I felt something resembling of a bloodlust from her. At that time I just shook it off, thinking maybe she is just some hot-blooded blockhead or something. But nowadays she emitted a much stronger form. As if I was seeing a spectral image of a monster coming out of her." Elkie shuddered as her body remembers the nasty aura.

"Really? You're not saying things just to get me scared, right?" Sorn raised her eyebrow, voice full of skepticism.

"I know you're not believing in things like this. But I know what I saw, I know what I feel. Jang Yeeun is a dangerous girl. Call it gut's feeling." She justified her claim to Sorn. They spent the rest of the journey in silence, their hearts beating faster as they get closer to the location, anxiety cloud hovering over Sorn as her imagination grows wilder for what would came to light about Yeeun.

"We're here. Stay close to me, okay?" She patted on Sorn's cheek as they made their way to the underground ring. Sorn just nodded, agreeing without a qualm. This is the matter of life and death and Sorn knew better than to argue with Elkie right now.

The venue is of course void of people but they heard a chatter at the backroom. Elkie opened it up, revealing the content of the room. Inside there were about 12 people and from they attires and styles, they are reek of lowlifes.

"Wow! Did you call the escorts here? They're young!" One of the man whistled, smacking his lips and eyeing the girls hungrily. Elkie rolled her eyes at the cliché remark made by him. She took a photo of Yeeun from her back pocket and threw it at the men.

"That's Jang Yeeun. She's one of your fighter. Tell me who fucked her up." Her voice cool as ice but full with threat. The room burst with laughter, mocking and jeering them.

"Yeah? I'm the one who wasted her. So what, you gonna come to collect her due?" One of the men stepped forward, his hand reaching out to her chest. Elkie swatted it away, resuming her questioning at the rest while ignoring the one in front of her.

"Once again. Who did it?"

"Pfft! Just get over her, bitch. Do what you do best." He threw a bunch of cash at Elkie, pointing to his crotch. Elkie rolled her eyes and sighed.

"Urgh, I don't have time for this..." She grunted, throwing her kunai at the man in front of her. The kunai pierced his throat, blood sprayed into the air, killing him in an instant. The rest of his gang gasped as they saw it, frozen in shock.